Summary: After rescuing a little elephant from danger, Beshte finds himself idolized by the young pachyderm and his friends. How will Beshte handle being the inspiration of this group of aspiring little Lion Guard admirers?
This episode contains examples of:
- A Day in the Limelight: Beshte gets one this time, courtesy of his number one fan Mtoto.
- Artistic License Physics: Fuli takes a point blank hit of water and is only annoyed at being wet. In real life, Fuli would have been pushed back a bit and probably injured, especially since it is coming from an elephant's trunk at point blank range. Also that despite the amount of water she gets, she becomes bone dry in just under a minute. To be fair, it was a young elephant, not a fully-grown one.
- Big Brother Instinct: Beshte becomes protective of Mtoto during the episode.
- Big Damn Heroes: Kion and the Lion Guard swoop in to save Beshte and Mtoto from crocodiles and Janja's clan.
- Cats Hate Water: Kion's obstacle course includes splashing across a creek. Fuli jumps the creek in order to stay dry, but ends up getting soaked anyway when Mtoto accidentally sprays water all over her, much to her annoyance, and Ono's amusement.
- Chekhov's Skill: Mtoto manages to use the dodge and attack skills he learned from the Lion Guard to evade hyenas and crocodiles.
- Continuity Nod: To The Lion King II: Simba's Pride. Kion jumps across the crocodiles' mouths the same way Kovu and Kiara did to escape them.
- Crying Wolf: The kids playing Lion Guard and chasing imaginary hyenas sends other animals into a panic and brings the real Lion Guard running. As they disperse, if you listen carefully, one of the animals will say "Kids" and another will say "Really" in frustration.
- Fan Boy: Beshte has an elephant calf fawning over him, going so far as to start a sort of "junior Lion Guard," with himself playing the role of "the Strongest."
- Honorable Elephant: Mtoto hopes to become a hero like Beshte when he grows up.
- Meaningful Name: Mtoto means "child" in Swahili.
- Oh, Crap!: Kion and Fuli have this reaction when Mtoto is about to blast the water out of his trunk.
- Pep-Talk Song: Beshte sings one to Mtoto.
- Reality Ensues: The animals complain to Beshte that if they have to run from hyenas everyday, what is the point of living in the Pride Lands.
- Ridiculously Cute Critter: Pretty much everyone in the Lion Guard fan club has a face that could induce diabetes.
- Take That!: In universe. Bunga learns that whoever in Mtoto's group is slowest to choose a role gets stuck with playing Bunga. He's not pleased.
- Title Drop: Done by Janja.