After Mr. Robinson suffers a loss of stuffing (which plays out like someone suffering a stroke) from a bad lawn, he needs a transplant from a relative. However, he refuses to let Rocky, his slacker son who works at Elmore Junior High, do it without getting a more respectable job. Gumball and Darwin get him one, but the office that hires Rocky is out to literally steal his soul.
- Arson, Murder, and Jaywalking:
- Rocky says that his father hates him because he's "...an immature deadbeat who never left school, refuses to get a decent job, and dresses like a Canadian."
- He later states that Chanax pollutes, cuts down rainforests, and their boss invented boy bands (though that last item could be a legitimate complaint as Rocky is established to be more of a rocker than a fan of boy band music).
- Billy Needs an Organ: Mr. Robinson needs a stuffing transplant from a blood relative, but won't accept it from his son because he thinks he's too much of a failure. But once he does get a "respectable" job, he never has time for the surgery.
- Continuity Nod: Chanax Incorporated was the place Richard tried to get a job at in "The Painting."
- End-of-Episode Silliness: Darwin and Gumball managed to get Rocky to the hospital to give his father the stuffing transplant he needs. Then Mr. Robinson finds out Rocky quit his new job, the episode ends as his anger causes him to spill ALL of his stuffing, and he's fine next time we see him.
- Evil, Inc.: Chanax, Inc. feeds off the souls of their employees and one of their chair members is some sort of demon or goblin. Rocky, however, considers them a Necessary Evil because they also invented cheese puffs.
- Instantly Proven Wrong: Mr. Robinson claims he is fine with Rocky going back to his old life while the life support machine he's hooked up to goes crazy. He explodes a few seconds later.
- Our Demons Are Different: Chanax and some of his employees appear to be some sort of demons, including a goblin-like board member and scorpion-lady secretary.
- Screw This, I'm Outta Here!: The moment Mr. Robinson is laid up in the hospital, Mrs. Robinson high-tails it to an island resort, where she stays until he gets better.
- Your Cheating Heart: Mrs. Robinson almost marries one of the men she met during her island vacation. When Mr. Robinson recovers, she breaks up with her would-be groom.
- Your Soul Is Mine: Part of Rocky's employment contract was to breathe his "spirit" into a jar that the company keeps. Subverted when it turns out this didn't really do anything but create a jar full of air.