Hannibal and Face drag B.A. into Bad Rock, looking for a doctor to treat the injuries he got in a firefight. Unfortunately, the doctor, believing that B.A. may be a member of a troublesome motorcycle gang that may want their imprisoned leader back (Sid Haig), calls the sheriff. The sheriff, finding out Hannibal and Face's identities after checking their fingerprints, calls the army. However, the law enforcement and the fugitive team will have to band together to handle the oncoming gang.
This episode contains examples of the following tropes:
- AB Negative: B.A. has a rare blood type, which Murdock happens to share. Amy has to help him escape the hospital so he can give B.A. a transfusion.
- All Bikers are Hells Angels: The Barbarians are an outlaw gang of motorcyclists. Their leader is mentioned as being wanted for first degree murder in two states, and given what the Barbarians are willing to do to get him back, they seem to be just as bad.
- Conscience Makes You Go Back: The Team have successfully gotten B.A. treated and locked the sheriff and his deputy in their own jail, ensuring they will not be able to catch them. They are heading out of town to avoid Lynch when Hannibal realizes that the Barbarians really will be coming against the town to get their leader back. They turn the van around.
- Covert Distress Code: "Red Ball One" and "Bag is Leaking" mean "big trouble" and "one of the team took some lead" as explained to Amy by Murdock, who receives the code from the team.
- Cut Phone Lines: The Barbarians gang saw down the telephone pole so that Bad Rock's sheriff won't be able to call for help when they storm the jail.
- Enemy Mine: The Bad Rock sheriff and the A-Team have spent most of the episode at odds, but they team up near the end to protect the town and its inhabitants from the Barbarians.
- Extreme Omnivore: During the Hard-Work Montage, Murdock dips his finger in the paint he's using and puts some in his mouth.
- The Gadfly: B.A. doesn't want Murdock's blood because he thinks it'll make him go crazy like Murdock. Murdock has way too much fun teasing him about this, insisting it really will happen, and refuses to lay off even when explicitly told to by B.A., Face, and Hannibal.
- Got Me Doing It: B.A. and Murdock are stuck together for most of the episode, with Murdock constantly rhyming his sentences. By the end of it, B.A. started unconsciously doing it as well.
- The Guards Must Be Crazy: Hannibal and Face are arrested. Hannibal seems to have escaped, so the sheriff unlocks his cell and checks inside, then both he and the other officer in the building leave to find him... when Hannibal turns out to be hiding under the bed and promptly lets Face out and escapes.
- Kiss of Distraction: A rarer male example; Hannibal kisses Doctor Sullivan partially to get her to let her guard down so he can lock her in the closet.
- The Patient Has Left the Building: When Amy gives Murdock the coded message, the show transitions to the V.A., where the P.A. system is announcing that Murdock is escaping from the video game room. Several orderlies are chasing him, but he jumps into Amy's car, and she peels out, letting them escape.
- Platonic Declaration of Love: When Face is fretting that B.A. will follow through on his threat to make him pay once he gets better, Hannibal responds, "Face, B.A. loves you...He told me so himself."
- Rhymes on a Dime: Murdock's eccentricity-of-the-week is rhyming his words. He has to give an injured B. A. some of his blood. Murdock uses this new tendency to try to convince B. A. that he will go insane after receiving the blood.Murdock: The worst that'll happen is you'll start hearin' thing you don't see, and rhymin' your words...just like me." *cheeky (and slightly maniacal) smile*
B.A.: You're nuts, man. Ain't never heard of me rhymin' my words. Why, that's the craziest thing I ever heard! My ears don't ring. I don't hear a thing.
Murdock: Uh huh.
B.A.: Hey, wait a minute, suckah!
- Ship Tease: Hannibal and Dr. Sullivan have a flirty conversation about his life on the run. They even kiss...right before Hannibal locks her in the closet. (However, he does say he's sorry and that this wasn't his first choice.)
- The title and setting are a nod to Bad Day at Black Rock.
- When locking the sheriff and deputy in the cell, Hannibal quotes "no phone, no pool, no pets" from Roger Miller's King of the Road.
- Your Mom: Hannibal tells the sheriff that if he hears from Lynch, he should tell him that his mother wears combat boots.