Title: Irish People Try America's Strongest Alcohols (95%, 190 Proof)
Published: December 14, 2018
Theme: Drink (Alcohol)
- John Sharpson (@SHARPY0077)
- Leather Jacket Guy (@AREYAHAVINGTHAT)
- Kellie Hughes (@HERESKELLIE)
- Seán Connolly (@THESONICSCREW)
- Ciara O'Doherty (@CIARAODOHERTY)
- George Fox (@COMEDYFOX)
- Smirnoff Vodka 50%
- Knob Creek Whiskey 60%
- Cruzan Rum 75.5%
- Clear Spring Grain Alcohol 95%
- Blatant Lies: Ciara was told that her first (alcohol) shoot would be "easing into it"- beer, "or something"; obviously, 95% isn't easing into anything.
- Breakout Character: Ciara receives a LOT of comments on YouTube whenever she's in an alcohol video, and this is the first one.
- Don't Try This at Home: Drinking undiluted 95% alcohol is generally a bad idea; John and LJG say they're "trained professionals", and "Don't do [this]."
- Getting Crap Past the Radar: In British English 'Knob' of "Knob Creek" is a bit... iffy.
- Immediate Self-Contradiction: "Great, lovely, bring it- ohh, I don't think I can do any more...." — Kellie
- Ironic Echo: Seán claims that, since he (as a producer) made other TRY'ers do the "Disgusting Shots" video, "for penance" he did this video. (Kellie is another producer, and has no idea why she's involved.)
- Noodle Incident: Implied, as part of the the Stacy's Mom entry below; when LJG suggests that one of the liquors would make you kiss "your best friend's mother," John asks, "Again?"
- Oh, Crap!/Precision F-Strike: "Holey gamoley..."; "Fuck me." For the Clear Spring, but what would you expect?
- Separated by a Common Language: "Comment below if "Knob" means "knob"...."
- Stacy's Mom: "That's the sort of bottle of trouble where, in a half an hour's time, you'll be kissing your best friend's mother."
- Understatement: Referring to the rum... "That's strong." (Considering it's 151 proof, well....)
- The Unintelligible: Lampshaded by John (during the rum segment), where he couldn't string a sentence together. Also, Seán at one point mentions that he's having difficulties, too.