Japanese Title: Enter Kasumi! Togepy and the Mirage Kingdom!!
Original Airdate: September 25, 2003
US Airdate: September 25, 2004
Misty reunites with the group after she is invited to a Togepi Festival in the Mirage Kingdom. The twerps, and Team Rocket, end up caught in a web of intrigue as they find one of the kingdom's retainers, Colonel Hansen, attempting to usurp the throne.
This episode contains examples of the following tropes:
- Adorkable: May, in typical fashion. Her reaction to meeting Misty is akin to that of a fangirl, jumping at her excitedly and telling Misty that she's heard so much about her. Misty is a little put off by it, but she and May become fast friends regardless.
- Commuting on a Bus: Misty and Togepi return for this two-parter.
- Evil Chancellor: Colonel Hansen wants to depose the royal family and crown himself king.
- Meaningful Name: "Sarah" is a Hebrew name that means "Princess", which is exactly what she is.
- No-Sell: Shedinja takes no damage from Corsola's Spike Cannon. (It is a Ghost-type, after all.)
- True Blue Femininity: Princess Sarah wears a blue dress.