Linda is overwhelmed by planning a block party and asks Phineas and Ferb to help her find a company to do a laser light show. The boys instead decide to just set up a laser light show themselves. When Candace tries to bust the boys to their mother, she's horrified to find out that Linda asked the boys to help.
Meanwhile, Perry is sent to spy on Doofenshmirtz to make sure he really is attending the party "just for fun". Doofenshmirtz tries to help Norm hit it off with a female giant robot named Chloe.
- Dance of Romance: Norm and Chloe share one during the block party.
- Did Not Get the Girl: Norm ends up losing Chloe due to her creator Rodney showing up and taking her away.
- Falling-in-Love Montage: Between Chloe and Norm as they share a dance together.
- Fun with Acronyms: Phineas and Ferb's invention of the week is the Pyrotechnic Holographic Light and Audio Simulator and Electromagnetic Radioscope, or PHLASER.
- Heroic BSoD: Candace goes through a rather deep one throughout the episode, upon realizing Phineas and Ferb were helping Mom with the block party and realizes the situation is un-bustable.
- Meaningless Villain Victory: Linda finally busts the boys on something - getting her good guest towels filthy and leaving them in the yard. Their punishment? Cleaning up the towels.Candace: Way to make a mockery of my life goal, mom!
- Star-Crossed Lovers: Norm and Chloe, as Chloe was built by Doofenshmirtz's rival Rodney. They even quote Romeo and Juliet to each other.
- What Happened to the Mouse?: After Monogram and Carl meet Agent P in person, all three characters are not seen for the rest of the episode. We don't even get a "Oh, there you are, Perry".