My Superhero City | Season 01, Episode 01: I'm The Boss Right Now
Adrian Andrews: Sorry sight, isn't it? Of course, that's what happens when you don't know what the bloody hell you're doing. Supposedly a rogue summoner or some nonsense attempted to summon the Dread Lord Golgoloth into our realm of existence, whatever that means. Of course, we know that's a load of bullocks, don't we? For all we know, that lout Professor Bozo was on another binge and couldn't hold his liquor. Which wouldn't be a problem for you or me, but for him? All I'm saying is maybe we shouldn't give the local drunk the keys to the Necronomicon. It's just common sense!
Mason: This is it...THIS IS IT. This is your big moment. Here, this is where your start as a hero BEGINS. You have your Genesis Breaker. You have your SUIT. You have your big genius brain. This...is where your new life BEGINS.
Tyulla: Hi, I followed you. Are your eyes drying out yet?
Marky: Duuuude! This crib is like, bangin'! Do you dudes do this often? Wow, look at all the food! Booyah!
Mikael: If by 'flattering' you mean 'makes you look homeless', then I'd concur.
Lily: I'm... okay... Just... a lot of people... that's all... I-I'll be fine.
Holiday: Take that... explosive personality, for instance... Excellent secret weapon in the case of a villain attack. We could plant her in a suitably tactical location with a megaphone, evacuate the city, and get her to scream them to death.
Marky: Uh...skateboard themed hero? Nah, apparently I somehow ended up with the great powers of The Saint. So...uh, call me Saint Lad!
Renée : Dude, you look like the 90s puked all over you...and did you seriously just say 'booyah'?
Iona: No, Bell, I don't...I don't think that's the best idea for now. I wasn't exactly the nicest person all those years ago. I wonder if they'd even remember us, much less if they'd remember me fondly.
Marisa: Uuuuuuuh... Can you, like, move? I'm trying to take a selfie, y'know. It's a big, big deal...my fans wouldn't get their daily Mira-Selfie...
Aster: Rebecca, dear, Pay no attention to the vain. Gold is only best used as an ornament and nothing else. Even dull metal has more uses.
Cole: Lily...Lily. It'll all be okay. You're fine. You're among friends. None of us are judging you or evaluating you. You're fine as you are, and we all value you for who you are.
Interceptor: ...let's get right to the point. As you know, the Foundation has suffered something of a loss. We try to make sure we're prepared, that all situations are dealt with as efficiently and swiftly as possible. But sometimes, no matter how hard you try, you get kicked straight in the ass. And the only thing you can do is get back off your posterior and move forward. You're all here to help us do just that. Of course, normally we would put you through the wringer and see if you've got what it takes, but we can't afford to be choosy. I won't say you're the best of your generation or some sentimental spoonfed horseshit like that, because you're not. You're what we could get on short notice. Still, you're what we've got, so I'm expecting you to give it your all. Or else you don't deserve to be here.
Holiday: Once we've all gathered ourselves I will begin according to procedure, But take note. The enemy may not be intentionally hostile. Proceed with caution, and for god's sakes please try not to kill a frightened and unstable creature if you can help it.
Octavius: ALRIGHT YA BILGERAT! YOU JUST PICKED A BAD TIME, CAUSE NOW YOU'RE AT THE MERCY OF CAPTAIN DREADNAUT! I SUGGEST YA PRAY TO WHATEVER GOD YOU HAVE, BECAUSE I'M SENDING YOU TO THE DEPTHS!
- Short Synopsis: The new heroes gather at Saint Foundations for an orientation
- First Post: 10 August 2019
- Webcomic Time: 1 March 2021
Tropes - Caution, unmarked spoilers
- Celebrity Superhero: Martin has an action figure. Marisa is a tad different, a celebrity trying to make it as a superhero.
- Colossus Climb: Someone had to do it. Turned out to be Holiday.
- Destructive Savior: The entire roster bar the IW, if only because they actually try to carefully remove the giant from the downtown area.
- Friendship Moment: Several when the heroes reunite, including between Martin and Mikael.
- He's Back: Zach suddenly returns to active duty hero work after his retirement at the beginning of the Guardians' War. This isn't reset. Zach still suffers from PTSD among other things, but he came back anyway.
- He Cleans Up Nicely: Mason put actual effort into his appearance.
- Hulk's Cooldown Hug Corollary: Lily does calm down the first giant with a flower sculpture.
- Our Giants Are Bigger: One then 3 more frost giants invade the Super City downtown. Accidentally. Its a long story.
- Pompous Political Pundit: The first post opens with one who accuses Saint Foundations of setting up the Guardians' insurgency as one big False Flag Operation.
- Ridiculously Human Robots: Thomas+Selby has this as a design philosophy but Holiday has grown a much bigger personality over the Time Skip. Her first bit of dialogue is a sarcastic quip at Martin's expense that her mechanics just can't keep up with.
- Sleek High Rise Lounge: Saint Foundations has orientation in one.
- The Bus Came Back: Dante returns and Saint Foundations places him right back with S2. Rebecca also returns from a rather Long Bus Trip and is placed back on S3. Aster and Iona also return and back to their old ensembles.
- Totally Radical: Saint Lad, i.e. the 90s incarnate—except for not being a Nineties Antihero. He comes in on a skateboard.
- Vicariously Ambitious: Mahvash is busy working the SCPD to maintain Martin's relations with them and help him keep a base of support.
- Wrestler in All of Us: Ryuu scales up and tag team carries a giant into the water.