- "Don't jaywalk!"
Airdate: March 10, 2001
"Sweet Ride" is the twenty first episode of the first (internet) season of Happy Tree Friends.
Cuddles buys some ice cream before leaving on his skateboard. Soon, Nutty spots him and his treat, obviously wanting the latter. Upon noticing him being followed by the sugar-crazed squirrel, Cuddles begins to panic. The two begin to go downhill. On the way, the two are faced against a cut-down tree with a piece of wood as the only path over it. Cuddles jumps over it, performing a trick and nearly hitting a beehive. After that, Cuddles resumes his run only to notice Nutty's empty scooter. Turns out that Nutty did not make it, with his head fully stung inside the beehive. Cuddles feels relieved for a while until he trips over and gets cut into pieces by three steps. The ice cream then stabs one of his eyes.
"Sweet Ride" contains the following:
- Ambidextrous Sprite:
- Nutty's googly eye switches places with his normal eye between certain shots.
- Applies to Nutty's candy accessories as well.
- Art Major Biology: Part of Cuddles's brain can somehow still be seen on the bottom half of his head despite his head part above the upper jaw is intact.
- Bee Afraid: Nutty's head gets stung by the entire beehive.
- Cool Board: Cuddles's skateboard.
- Cruel and Unusual Death: Cuddles is cut into three pieces by the three steps.
- Early-Bird Cameo: Yet another one from Cro-Marmot, who appears in a single shot this time.
- Eye Scream: Though Cuddles is already dead, the ice cream ends up stabbing one of his eyes.
- Help, I'm Stuck!: Nutty's head ends up getting stuck in a beehive.
- Hope Spot: Near the end of the episode, Cuddles is relieved that Nutty is no longer after him. He suddenly trips into steps, cutting him into three pieces.
- Implausible Boarding Skills: Cuddles manages to leap high from the wooden ramp while performing a trick (and missing a beehive) before sticking a solid landing to resume his run. All without any problems. Until the end, anyway.
- Off-Model: The most notorious is Cuddles's hand's (specifically the one used to hold his ice cream) tendency to be separated from the rest of him. Fixed in the Updated Re-release.
- On a minor note, Cuddles's hair tuft is not drawn on him after he gets sliced apart by the steps.
- As for Nutty, his candy cane is placed on one side of his body instead of on his chest in this episode.
- Stock Beehive: One of the obstacles. Cuddles misses it during his jump. Nutty, on the other hand...
- They Killed Kenny Again: Nutty and Cuddles die.
- Updated Re-release: One of the early episodes to be part of "Classics Remastered" releases, which rereleases early HTF episodes in HD.
- Visual Pun: It all goes downhill (literally) once Nutty is involved.