HTF Breaks are a series of short Happy Tree Friends episodes, going for around a minute each. Almost every short takes place in a movie theater. Most of them were aired during the show's 2010-2011 Hiatus.
"HTF Break" contain examples of:
- Berserk Button: Petting the dog in the short "Chore Loser" will cause him to go rabid and will start to kill you.
- The Cameo: Truffles can be seen behind Giggles in "Take Your Seat"
- The One-Shot Character "Fat Kat" can be seen behind Flaky in the same episode.
- Convulsive Seizures: Happens to Cuddles in "Seize the Day"
- Eye Scream: In "Tunnel Vision" The Mole accidentally stabs Mime's eye with a straw, which gets stuck.
- Flaying Alive: Cuddles has entire skin removed via claw in the second part of "Claw"
- Half the Man He Used to Be: Happens to Cuddles in the first part of "Claw"
- New Job as the Plot Demands: Lumpy works at the movie theater in "Happy New Year" and "Moppin' Up"
- Off-Model: The characters have a much more stretchier vibe in them and they all use their older season one and two designs rather than their TV Series design.
- One-Shot Character: Fat Kat can be seen as a cameo character in "Take Your Seat". He is named after the studio that animated the TV series.
- Shoutout: In "Chore Loser" Cub has his guts slide down a window in a similar manner to the video game Tetris.
- They Killed Kenny Again: Shifty dies in Cheesy Does It, Cuddles dies in Seize the Day and maybe Happy New Year, and twice in Claw, Cub dies in Chore Loser and Pop and Corn, Flaky dies in Take Your Seat, Nutty, Petunia, Giggles, Russell, Flaky, Lumpy, and Toothy die in Happy New Year, Sniffles dies in Moppin Up, Nutty, Flippy, Lumpy, Lifty, Shifty, Toothy, Giggles, and Handy die in Claw twice.
- Throw the Dog a Bone: Lifty, Shifty, Cro-Marmot, Disco Bear, Mime, The Mole, Pop, Cub, Sniffles, Handy, and possibly Cuddles survive in Happy New Year, Lifty survives in Cheesy Does It, Cuddles, Giggles, Toothy, and Lumpy survive in We Wish You and Deck The Halls, Nutty survives in Bite Sized, but his jaw is broken, Giggles survives in Butter Me Up, but her face melts, Cuddles, Giggles, Petunia, and Mime survive in Take Your Seat, Pop survives in Chore Loser, Pop and Corn, and Tunnel Vision, The Mole and Mime survive in Tunnel Vision, and Lumpy survives in Seize the Day, Moppin Up, and Butter Me Up.