Fenton Crackshell, A.K.A. Gizmoduck is asked by the army to protect a new, top-secret weapon displayed at the St. Canard Air Show, staying at Drake's house during that time. When Gizmoduck gets a hero's welcome in St. Canard, Darkwing becomes jealous, while at the same time Steelbeak concocts a plot to frame Darkwing in order to pit him and Gizmoduck against each other and allow him to steal the new weapon. Upon learning of Steelbeak's machinations, Gizmoduck and Darkwing must put aside their differences and work together to stop him.
This episode contains examples of the following tropes:
- Anachronic Order: This is Gizmoduck and Darkwings first meeting, but it takes place after their two other meetings.
- ...But He Sounds Handsome: Both Drake and Fenton pull this when talking about their respective alter-egos.
- Lame Pun Reaction: Fenton comes in after Drake has used his chair secret passage that connects his secret hideout to his house. Fenton asks where Drake has gone.Launchpad: Oh. Uh... He went out for a spin. note
[Gosalyn and Honker glare at him in disgust]
- Let's You and Him Fight: Steelbeak sets Darkwing and Gizmoduck against each other so he can continue his plans unhindered.
- Living with the Villain: A variant. Fenton is staying at Drake's house and neither of them knowing each other's secret identity. Gizmoduck isn't really a villain and neither is Darkwing, but they spend most of the episode fighting because Steelbeak framed Darkwing.
- Mythology Gag: When Fenton arrives to Darkwing's house, Launchpad makes this allusion to his past: