Tuskernini uses a 3D gun to bring movie villains to life.
This episode contains examples of the following tropes:
- Beat Them at Their Own Game: Darkwing faces Tuskernini's movie villain gang by playing the heroic rivals from their movies. Unfortunately, when it comes down to the Zombie, he has to improvise, as Gosalyn informs him the Zombie won in his movie.
- Expy: Andy Ape is based on Roger Rabbit, wearing similar clothes and going through similar Zany Cartoon gags while taking care of a baby.
- It's Pronounced "Tro-PAY": Kongo's name is pronounced with a soft "g", sounding more like "Konjo".
- Kids Shouldn't Watch Horror Films: Darkwing believes that it's harmful for Gosalyn to watch scary and violent movies, but she loves them nonetheless.
- "King Kong" Climb: Kongo climbs a skyscraper while carrying Gosalyn in his hand. Darkwing and Launchpad try to rescue her flying the Thunderquack.
- King Kong Copy: Kongo is a thinly-veiled King Kong expy.
- Literal-Minded: Kongo turns out to be this, much to Tuskernini's chagrin.Tuskernini: When I said 'Take five', I didn't mean five banana trees!
- Octopoid Aliens: Mongo from Mars looks like a red octopus wearing a helmet.
- Refugee from TV Land: Everyone Tuskernini's device brings to life. This includes a zombie with a chainsaw, an alien, a bandit from the Wild West, a pirate captain, a zany cartoon ape and giant King Kong-like gorilla.
- Stock Animal Diet: Kongo, a giant gorilla, has a big appetite for bananas.
- This Is Reality: Darkwing explains to Gosalyn that the world they live in is not a Zany Cartoon, here injuries have consequences. Shortly after, he gets comically flattened by getting smacked on the head by Mongo from Mars.
- Trapped in TV Land: Tuskernini's fate at the end of the episode - Darkwing captures him in Andy Ape's show together with the movie villains.
- Zany Cartoon: Andy Ape's show, which is somehow even more cartoony than Darkwing's world.