"Heather comes to Rebecca's rescue after a major mishap and Rebecca attempts to reinvent herself. Paula is left to pick up the pieces at work and finds herself at a crossroads."
Written by Erin Ehrlich and directed by Paul Briganti (who also directed Fuck Me, Ray Bradbury and other Rachel Bloom music videos). Originally aired on November 12, 2016.
"It Was a Shit Show" (sung by Santino Fontana)
- Almost Kiss: One that made all the Gregbecca shippers FURIOUS at the end.
- Break-Up Song: A rare version of the "We should probably never have got together in the first place" type.
- Brutal Honesty: Greg does not beat around the bush here, and just outright says that his relationship with Rebecca was a wreck.
- Pastiche: Of Frank Sinatra's "My Way."
- Single Tear: Rebecca when Greg leaves.
"We Tapped That Ass" (sung by Santino Fontana and Vincent Rodriguez III)
- Continuity Nod: Xander from "I'm Going on A Date With Josh's Friend!" pops in partway through just to remind us that he also tapped that ass.
- Getting Crap Past the Radar: Whoever let this song through must have been asleep at the wheel, because it has some dirty lyrics:Josh: Let's wrap this up with a big finish!Greg: But where should we finish?Rebecca: Please not on my chest.(camera cuts to a chest - as in, the piece of furniture - on the floor, and the guys start dancing on it)Rebecca: No, you'll scratch it!
- Incredibly Lame Pun: At one point while singing about how they used to "tap that ass," Greg and Josh starts tap-dancing on top of a giant plastic ass. And then, when Rebecca gives them a Death Glare, Greg innocently asks, "what? Too cheeky?"
- Making Love in All the Wrong Places: The song is one long list of the many and unexpected places in her house that Rebecca has had sex in. Apparently justified by her bed being really uncomfortable.
- Pastiche: Of "Moses Supposes" from Singin' in the Rain and also "I'm Gonna Wash That Man Right Outa My Hair" from South Pacific.
- Unusual Euphemism: Rebecca's "back patio".Josh: And then we hit the back patio,Greg: That's where we hit your back patty—Josh & Greg: OH! [High five]
"Makey Makeover" (sung by Rachel Bloom)
- Affectionate Parody: Of Toni Basil's Mickey.
- Makeover Montage
- Painful Rhyme: "It's a makey lakey wakey fakey cakey rakey nakey." Rebecca realizes the painfulness herself, as she follows the rhyme scheme with "I had a stroke."
- Pun-Based Title
Tropes in this episode:
- Put on a Bus: Greg.
- Verbal Backspace: Trina of Miss Douche takes her work very seriously.Trina: No, but when I am done with this re-branding, no one will laugh at me. —I mean, us. Anymore.
- Wham Episode: Greg leaves West Covina, Rebecca accidentally lights her apartment on fire, and Heather decides to move out of her parents and in with a new apartment with Rebecca. Oh and Paula has an abortion.