Preston & Steve (formerly known as The Y100 Morning Show with Preston, Marilyn, and Steve) is an Award-winning morning radio show, curently on Philadelphia's Active Rock station 93.3 WMMR. It is hosted by Preston Elliot and Steve Morrison, along with Caseyboy Foster, Kathy Romano, Nick McIlwain, and Marisa Magnatta.
The show runs Monday to Friday from roughly 6 AM to 10:00 AM, but usually runs longer. During the show, the show members converse on various topics that range from serious news topics of the day to light hearted topics on their every day lives. Interviews and live music are frequent, as are unusual news stories (the Bizarre Files), and entertainment news (which is usually mocked to no end). They also host several charity events, most notably a blood drive in June and the Camp Out for Hunger the week after Thanksgiving, in which Preston and Steve sleep in an RV and broadcast from a parking lot in order to raise food for local food banks. It's better then it sounds.
For those unable to listen to the show live, a podcast of the show is put out every day after the show is finished airing, usually by early afternoon.
Preston & Steve contains examples of:
- A Day in the Limelight: Usually, Marissa isn't heard as she's running things behind the scenes. But she'll take over for Kathy when Kathy is out.
- A Good Name for a Rock Band: Preston keeps a list and adds to it whenever a good one comes up.
- Artistic License Medicine: Averted in the show proper- they often have real medical professionals call in to help them on topics of medicine.
- Played more straightly with Preston's dad and Kathy's mom, both of whom have...interesting takes on medicine.
- Blatant Lies: Sometimes, someone (usually Steve) will just say outright lies to get a laugh.
- Broadcast Live: With a few exceptions when they take vacation (and a segment from the previous day aired at 5:30 before the show begins), they do it all live.
- Butt-Monkey: Caseyboy, frequently. The current crop of interns, whomever they are, are usually also this.
- Catchphrase: Gadzooks!
- Preston usually ends the show with "Rage on!"
- Deadpan Snarker: Steve has an uncanny ability to deliver funny lines completely straight.
- Failure Is the Only Option: This is how they think whenever they try out a new game on air.
- I Have Many Names: Preston is given a nickname for for various segments, such as the Noticer, the Historian, and the Connoisseur.
- Indy Ploy: They do (attempt) to plan games out in advance, but they frequently require onsite adjustments.
- Hell Is That Noise: A lot of the noises that come out of Nick's mouth defy all logic.
- Long Runner: The show has been on the air, in some format, since the 90's and is still going strong.
- Refuge in Audacity: A staple for Steve.
- Running Gag: If these don't develop organically, fans who call in will usually bring them up.
- "YOU GUYS ROCK!"
- "Hey bitches?" "Hey what!"
- Kathy "moisturizing" her boobs.
- Self-Deprecation: They never take themselves or the show too seriously.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Casey loves cookies.
- Wham Line: It was revealed in early January 2015 that Steve had had prostate cancer removed over the 2014 holiday (he's fine now)