Basic Trope: Walruses are usually portrayed as villains or jerks.
- Straight: Waylon Walrus is a sneaky cad who twirls his whiskers and cackles as he plots to catch and eat innocent sea creatures.
- Exaggerated: Waylon Walrus is a soul-devouring ice demon.
- Downplayed: Waylon Walrus is a disgruntled old pinniped who just wants those darn kids off his lawn.
- Justified: The villain is a shapeshifter who takes the form of a walrus to appear big and intimidating.
- Inverted: Warm-Hearted Walrus
- Subverted: Waylon isn't mean, just lazy.
- Double Subverted: Waylon is just hiding his powerful, brutish side.
- Parodied: Waylon tries to act all scary, but it's undermined by his comical appearance.
- Zig Zagged: ???
- Averted: ???
- Enforced: The author uses a walrus as a villain because evil polar bears are a little too common.
- Lampshaded: ???
- Invoked: Waylon Walrus has very long, curly whiskers and chipped tusks that make him look frightening.
- Exploited: One character has a fear of walruses, so another character dresses up as one to scare them.
- Defied: ???
- Discussed: ???
- Conversed: "In arctic settings, the villains are almost always the walruses."
Back to Wily Walrus