Super-category for the process by which various kinds of shows, games and series are created.
- Christmas Rushed: Production is rushed so the work can be released in time for the holidays.
- Executive Meddling: The executives force the creators to make changes to the work.
- God Does Not Own This World: The creator doesn't own the rights to their work, so the company that does own the rights doesn't require the involvement or approval of the creator to continue production or reboot the work.
- Hostility on the Set: People involved with the production who didn't get along well.
- Release Date Change: The intended release date gets changed.
- The Production Curse: Strange disasters which may involve bad things happening to the cast, crew, or set of a production.
- Troubled Production: Production of the work was plagued by problems so great that it's a miracle the work was able to see the light of day at all.
- Writer on Board
- Development Hell: Several obstacles that get in the way of finishing production ensure that completing production of the work will take forever.
- Saved from Development Hell: After several delays and difficulties, the work finally gets finished and released.
- Extremely Lengthy Creation
- Orphaned Series
- Real Soon Now: Uncertain release dates.
- Trailer Delay
- Vapor Ware: Video games that never get released.
- Accidental Downer Ending: A work ends on a down note with hints and promises that it will be continued, but it does not.
- Screwed by the Network: The show gets cancelled because the network didn't give it enough decent airtime and chose not to renew the series.
- The Shelf of Movie Languishment: A work has finished production, but takes a while to get released, if at all.
- Short-Lived, Big Impact
- Jumping the Shark: The moment where a series begins to decline in quality.
- Implementing the Incomplete: When a work is forced out before it is either complete, made to work reliably, or polished enough to look good.
- Absurdly Short Production Time: When a work takes a short amount of time to complete.