"Overprotective Dad" may refer to one of the following:
- Boyfriend-Blocking Dad: A father who strictly keeps boys from dating his daughter. Previously called "Overprotective Dad".
- Fantasy-Forbidding Father: A father who disapproves of his child's dreams, often out of overprotectiveness.
- Knight Templar Parent: A parent who does questionable things to ensure their child's safety
- Meddling Parents: Older adults who are far too eager to be involved in their grown children's lives.
- My Beloved Smother: A controlling, clingy and overly-protective mother.
- Papa Wolf: An Action Dad who tries to get revenge against people who mess with his kids.
If a direct wick has led you here, please correct the link so that it points to the corresponding article.