He now has to attend the Blue Reef High where he learns everything he needs for his life as a shapeshifter. But is life isn't as easy as he imagined: His classmates fear him because he can turn into a tiger shark and only a girl named Shari and his teacher Miss White seem to see past his second form.
Then he meets Carag who came to his school because he needs help with a task which was given to him by the headmaster of Blue Reef High- Jack Clearwater...
This series is the sequel to Woodwalkers but since the only thing linking those two series is the existence of shapeshifters and appearances of Carag Seawalkers is actually more then a spin-off which can be read without the knowledge of Woodwalkers.
The series consists of three novels:
- Gefährliche Gestalten(June 2019)
- Rettung für Shari (January 2020)
- Wilde Wellen (June 2020)
This series uses the following tropes:
- Artistic Licence Biology: It's implied that Caragnote can't swim and Tiago mentions that this is a normal thing for a cat. In real life, both cats and cougars can swim.
- Late-Arrival Spoiler: In the first book Jack Clearwater mentions the plan of the Big Bad from the prequel which was originally a big surprise in said series.
- Also, the back covers of the first book as well as this page spoil the fact that Carag appears in this series which happens halfway through the first book.
- Love Dodecahedron: Like some other people at his school Tiago is in love with Shari.
- Love Triangle: Meanwhile, in the first book he thinks that Carag's also romantically interested in Shari until Carag reveals that he already has a girlfriend.
- Hero of Another Story: Carag. In the prequel he has already saved the USA from a bunch of racist shapeshifters and it's implied that he keeps on doing heroic things without the help of Tiago and the others.
- Shout-Out: Tiago mentions that he likes 30 Seconds to Mars.
- Transgender: Surprisingly for a series aimed for children, it features a trans man named Johnny who was born as a woman. He's the uncle of Tiago and basically raised him.