Woodwalkers and Friends is a spin-off to the popularnote German Urban Fantasy series Woodwalkers by Katja Brandis. It is some kind of Anthology series- its main purpose is to expand the universe of this series with short novels that can be read independently of each other.The series consists of:
- Katzige Gefährtennote (September 2020). Its main characters are Carag and Tikaani, the Official Couple of Woodwalkers, who want to travel to Tikaanis village to celebrate Tikaanis birthday- but before they can even start their journey they receive calls from Carags family who needs help to defend their territory from a wolf pack.
The series as a whole features the following tropes:
- Animorphism: Just like in the other two series the main characters of this series can switch between their human and their animal form.
- Interquel: Obviously.
- Spin-Off: To Woodwalkers. The novels of the series are set during or between the events of the original books- for example, Katzige Gefährten is set between the last book of Woodwalkers and the first book of Seawalkers.
Katzige Gefährten features the following tropes:
- A Day in the Limelight: For Tikaani and Carag- while they're two of the main characters of the original series this is also the only novel of this SpinOff which happens to feature them as main characters.
- Foregone Conclusion: Carag appears in the first novel of Seawalkers, which is set after this novel and was also released a year before before this book was released, so it's no surprise that he survives the events of this. He also mentions his girlfriend Tikaani in it's clear that they don't break up in this one.
- Interquel: It's the novel that ties Woodwalkers and Seawalkers
- Official Couple: Just like in their original series, Carag and Tikaani are still in a relationship.
- Prequel: To Seawalkers. It shows what Carag and Tikaani did in the gap between Tag der Rache and Gefährliche Gestalten- Foregone Conclusion obviously ensues, because both of them are revealed to be alive in Seawalkers which was released a year before this book.
- Sequel: To Tag der Rache