- Why exactly did the anime end back in early 2015?
- Some say that the sales of the 4U (the Tamagotchi device Bandai was promoting at the time) wasn't meeting Bandai's expectations, but the primary reason is that Aya Matsui, one of the central screenwriters, left the team and the entire writing team disbanded and moved on to other projects. Besides, the Tamagotchi anime, like any other show, is better off ended on a high note than kept going on and on and getting staler and staler as the years go by.
- The extent of Tama-Friendship is confusing. It's supposed to mean more than friends (a la Best Friends), but there are some friendships throughout the anime that can come off as romantic to some audiences. For example, Pianitchi and Smartotchi from their shared piano technique, Orenetchi and Kuromametchi from the former considering the latter as a role model, Lovelitchi and Melodytchi from the former being impressed with the talent of the latter, and Yumemitchi and Kiraritchi probably for being besties since they were little kids.
- Mametchi and the rest of the anime's main cast are written as children in the anime, while they're labeled as adults in the virtual pets.
- Why are some Tamagotchis (such as Lovelitchi, Melodytchi, Moriritchi, and Himespetchi) regularly clothed while other Tamagotchis (such as Mametchi, Memetchi, Kuchipatchi, and Flowertchi) are regularly nude? What's the cloth policy on Tamagotchi Planet? Are they optional?
Headscratchers / Tamagotchi