- Palmer's reaction to the Spider-Head.
- ...you gotta be fucking kidding.
- It gets even funnier when it's revealed that Palmer was already an alien when he said that.
- Which in turn makes many theorize that it wasn't part of the Thing's facade; Palmer-Thing was flabbergasted that a part of "himself" would try such an obvious escape.
- Hell, Palmer in general.
- Especially funny during the blood test, when you're watching the movie a second time and know Palmer is infected. Right before Mac tests him, Palmer is looking down with the funniest expression of complete resignation, as if he's thinking "Welp, I guess the gig's up now."
- Upon hearing the plan to go check out the Norwegian Camp, Palmer, joint still in hand, offers to take them there. Garry dismisses this offer immediately.
- Garry, after the blood test.I know you gentlemen have been through a lot. But when you find the time, I'd rather not spend the rest of the winter TIED TO THIS FUCKING COUCH!
- Just before that MacReady is doing his test with a smug face, like he's already figure the Garry!Thing out and is about to expose it... and when the test comes negative, MacReady's look changes to embarrassed.
- Immediately after Childs demands to be cut loose, it cuts to Garry alone on the couch while Nauls and Childs each have a flamethrower pointed straight at Garry's head, practically daring him to make a move. The abruptness of the cut makes it oddly hilarious.
- Clark's description of the otherwise horrifying Dog-Thing:I don't know what's in there, but it's weird and pissed off, whatever it is!
- Which is then followed by:Childs! Mac wants the flamethrower!Mac wants the What!?
- Which is then followed by:
- Childs, on multiple occasions.I don't believe any of this voodoo bullshit!Cut me loose! Cut me loose dammit, cut me loose!
- When MacReady checks up on Blair, he already has a noose with which to hang himself.
- For some: (just before MacReady dynamites the Blair-Thing)Thing: GGGWWWRRRAAAAAAAA!MacReady: Yeah? FUCK YOU TOO!!
- MacReady pouring his booze into the computer's circuits after losing a round of chess against it.Cheating bitch.
- If you look at the screen and then listen to the move that the computer made, you'll realize the computer's move actually would have let MacReady win, but the computer claims the victory anyway. The computer really was cheating!
- The whole exchange between Nauls and an irritated Bennings.Bennings: Nauls, would you turn that crap down? I'm trying to get some sleep! I was shot today!
Nauls: What? Oh, sure! (reaches over to turn the music down and dismissively pulls his hand back at the last second)
- One from the commentary, during which Carpenter is describing the scene where Mac and Norris find the spaceship, and Carpenter gets distracted by Mac's Nice Hat.John Carpenter: Now Charlie Hallahan is going to describe how long this saucer has been in the ice here, and that the backscatter effect has been uh...uh...melting it down. Great hat, Kurt.
Kurt Russell: That kinda commands the scene, doesn't it?
- Garry turning up the static to wake up Windows and scare him.
Funny / The Thing (1982)