Although most known for its creepy atmosphere, Nightmare Ned can also be hilarious at times.
- The moment when we see Ned had transformed into a cute little dog rather than a big scary werewolf-like being, and his nonchalant reaction when he realizes it.
- When he gets his revenge on Conrad and Vernon, whom have both turned into cats, by chasing them up a tree.
- This entire episode alone. Ned ends up getting stuck on a bus where a ventriloquist dummy takes the wheel and attempts to drive it into the sun. Its just so crazy and out there, you cant help but laugh at the pure insanity.
- The gate to your fate is the portal with the mortal, but the entry with the century is the room to your doom! Just remember that.
- The interaction between Ned and Dirk. This [ride] will be my 800th time, I was scared the first 799! But I think I conquered it, after this I can get on with the rest of my life. Tuesday, I start dating girls.
- Neds reaction to finding out he accidentally proposed to a zombie bride...which sounds oddly familiar if you think about it.
- One of the more hilarious examples is when a group of Neds soon-to-be zombie in-laws attempt to throw him a bachelor party...complete with a zombified exotic dancer. Needless to say, Ned looked pretty confused and grossed out.
- Vegetables SUCK!
- there are so many priceless facial expressions in this episode, particularly on the ear of corn.
- When you enter the nightmares from the quilt, you are introduced to the various shadow creatures hosting each one. And before you enter the nightmare the shadow creatures say certain phrases. and some of the phrases are laugh worthy. Especially the one hosting the Bathroom Nightmare.
- Speaking of the shadow creatures, as you progress through the game, they gradually change into friendlier faces from Ned's real life. Said faces are a friend from school, a girl from next door with a creepy doll, Ned's Dr. Klutchnick, his Grandpa, and...a toilet.
- The actions and expressions of the green ghosts can be quite hilarious, especially a ghost with a strange, lovestruck expression playing an accordion.
- The Uvula Song; a giant, classy-dressed uvula singing show tunes to living tooth men inside of a giant mouth.
Alcatraz Elementary School
- Just as Ned's principal begins to laugh maniacally when he thinks that his furious parents have come to take him home, he is cut short as two other, unfamiliar adults come in and scold the principal for ever thinking their son "Max" would ever do anything wrong and subsequently escort Ned out of the room. The principal's expression was priceless.
- Some of the messages the Principal gets when he's calling all different phone numbers trying to contact Ned's parents.
- The teacher's song as Ned makes his way through the blackboard maze. It is amazing.
- The Rat Tango song and the Puberty song are two very random but very funny songs you can randomly come across in this stage.
Attic, Basement, and Beyond Nightmare
- In a delightfully morbid bit of background detail, one part of the attic has several pieces of furniture in storage, wrapped tightly with paper and string. One of them is a stuffed chair. With a little old lady still in it.
- The wallpaper giving Ned a wedgie.
- If Ned lights a lamp before walking behind a curtain, one of three scenes will occur in silhouette:
- Ned dancing with a floating dress while the wedding march plays.
- Ned getting attacked by a chair.
- Ned shaking hands with Mickey Mouse, who laughs and exclaims, "Gosh!"