- The Wastelands Stage has a stage fatality that launches flaming, screaming characters into a building by catapult, complete with a cartoony splat at the end and them sliding down while groaning in agony. The absolute winner has to be Scorpion (and Chameleon by extension) who screams like a total biatch; both videos of all characters except Khameleon can be seen here and here, though be warned, you will be cracking up laughing by the time you've seen them both.
- Remember Sky Temple, and how Havik would comment "Aw MAN this is gonna SUCK" just before hitting the bottom? The dialogue made it back in... as something Taven, the Edenian Prince says instead.
- In addition, Jax screams out "AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH MY GOOOOOOOD THIS IS NOT HAPPENING TO MEEEEEE" before falling to his death. Although, the even funnier part is that the dialogue is also used for another character. Blaze, the elemental being who is destined to stop the kombatants from triggering Armageddon.
- A few small humorous instances in the intro, such as Stryker sucker-punching Mileena for no real reason, Ermac clotheslining the hell out of Rain during the opening charge, and Johnny Cage pushing Sonya off the edge of the pyramid.
- Then there's Cyrax's reaction to being thrown off the pyramid:
- Fighting in the Armory? Knock your opponent into the conveyor belt at the center. The animation's the same regardless of the loser, but it's so funny watching them feebly attempt to escape the rock crusher (yes, even Shao Kahn or Onaga, or again, Blaze!)... Only to stumble and get crushed.
- In Konquest Mode:Reiko: Well done. Those were elite guards.
Taven: If you SAY so.
Abbot: Once again I am humbled that the gods would deliver me from peril.
- Taven is considerably much snarkier than Shujinko was in the last game which probably helped endear him better to players. Another example is when he's searching for Delia's temple in Arctika. Clearly he has no time to help some monks save their missing abbot...except said abbot is the only one who knows exactly where the temple is. It doesn't help that the monks and their abbot are quite obsessed with the gods, much to the very-much demigod Taven's exasperation. The result is this line:
Taven: Yes, the gods are great. Now if you will please direct me to the temple.
Abbot: Indeed! The temple of Delia, the Lady of Flame! Built to honor the Edenian sorceress who foresaw the great Battle. Legends tell that-
Taven: Please, I am in a hurry!
Abbot: The temple is down that path.
- After fighting Wu-Lae and gaining some information from him in "Konquest", Taven tells him he's free to go. Then we hear the trademark "FINISH HIM!"
- Kreate-a-Fighter can cause this if you make characters that wouldn't normally be in Mortal Kombat.
Funny / Mortal Kombat: Armageddon