- The intro, a.k.a. the "Battle of Armageddon", is quite possibly the most epic thing about the entire game. All of your favorite Mortal Kombat characters, fighting in the Ultimate Showdown of Ultimate Destiny, with an epic score, great fight choreography and excitement building with each passing second? It literally has to be seen to be believed.
At the apex of destruction alliances will be broken, and old hatreds will be revived.
- The moment Shang Tsung thinks he's alone on the pyramid, only to realize Liu Kang, the man he murdered two games earlier, is standing behind him deserves to be mentioned.
- The moments prior to that are just as notable. Shang Tsung, a character known for being a Dirty Coward and generally losing more fights than he wins, comes out of nowhere and starts wiping out several characters on his own. Including distracting Shao Kahn away from the Pyramid with a small appearance of Onaga.
- There is also when Shang Tsung is inches away from the top, only to be stopped dead in his tracks by Liu Kang using his shackles. In gameplay, we don't see zombie Liu Kang ever use them, but he uses them to terrific effect here in a memorable last shot with Shang Tsung's power draining away before the reveal of Blaze.
- The fact that in the end, The Good Guys Always Win is brutally defied with Shao Kahn finally claiming victory, after several Earthrealm invasions and more.
Awesome / Mortal Kombat: Armageddon