- At one point, the Vulture Squadron tries to use pepper shells and sneeze seeking missiles against Yankee Doodle Pigeon. It backfires, as you'd expect, but the way it does is just brilliant. It starts with Dastardly trying not to sneeze, with Zilly then stopping him and trying not to sneeze as well, then Klunk, and then Muttley, who has nobody else to stop HIM sneezing. He realises how this is going to turn out and has a facial expression that just breathes "oh, what the hell"... then he sneezes and they all fall into the water as a result of the blast.
- Anytime someone (who isn't Muttley) snickers at someone else's expense.
- Any time Klunk does those...spasms of his.
- "Too Many Kooks"
Klunk: *speaks in his usual sounds*
- This exchange:
Dastardly: What did he say?
Zilly: *imitates Klunk's exact sounds*
Dastardly: Now what did he say?
Muttley: *speaks in complete dog mumbles*
Dastardly: Doesn't anyone around here speak my language?
- At the end of the episode, Dastardly is informed by the general that he has new planes for the Vulture Squadron. Said planes turn out to be a kiddy ride and Yankee Doodle Pigeon can't resist laughing at his enemies' misfortune.
- In "Home Sweet Homing Pigeon", Dastardly forces Zilly to get back in formation by threatening to cry if he doesn't. After Zilly does, Zilly comments, "I never saw such a big crybaby!"
- Barnstormers features Vulture Squadron crash-landing on a farm, where Zilly finds himself pursued by the brawny milkmaid Hilda. Dastardly, however, isnt exactly sympathetic:"Zilly, stop playing games and get in this bucket where you belong!"
- "Operation Birdbrain" has Dastardly and Muttley running from an out-of-control mower plane, only to drop off a cliff and barely escape the blades:Dastardly: Whew! Lucky we found this sheer drop of four thousand feet!(Beat)Dastardly: ...FOUR THOUSAND FEET?!
Funny / Dastardly and Muttley in Their Flying Machines