- Superman in the opening chapter, giving us a fine quote for the Genre Blind."Bruce, it's still just an arm. And according to you, a pretty normal arm. Why are you stressing out about..." (Beat) "Why do you want me to stress out about it?"
- Kiba has the misfortune of first encountering the Question, who believes him to be involved with the Illuminati. The Question promptly knocks him out and decides to interrogate him as soon as possible.
The Question: What is NASA doing with those shoelaces? And why are the Girl Scouts suddenly adding 'new organic ingredients' to their cookies?
- And speaking of interrogation...
- Batman's analysis of Sakura, Neji, Lee, and Chouji, where he takes in their abnormalities. While he correctly pins Neji's eyes as significant, he also makes note of Rock Lee's eyebrows, wondering if they signify that he's on steroids.
- Sai thinking everything is a genjutsu.
- Batman helps the titans out of their predicament. Beast Boy gushes."Duuuude! ...is that... I mean, you're not... the REAL Batman?"The Real Batman frowned at the strange green boy crouched against the opposite wall.
- "The thing that really annoyed Sasuke about the Sharingan was that, on the off chance that you faced an incredibly skilled opponent, you could SEE yourself about to get hit and you wouldn't be able to do a single thing about it. Oh, sure, you could maybe roll with the punch a little, harden your muscles or whatever... but the point stood—the Sharingan allowed you to see yourself get humiliated in slow-motion."Batman: *punches Sasuke*
- Sasuke sets Batman's glove on fire with the unquenchable black flames of Amaterasu. Batman throws the glove at Sasuke's face.
- Drunk Sakura's conversation with Batman. Full of irony and awesomeness. Plus, Sakura is a very funny drunk.
- "Bats, you're paranoid," replied Flash, shooting the crimefighter a smirk. "You never think ANYONE is dead." A shrug. "They never are."
- Superman continued, "I suppose an 'I'm sorry' doesn't quite cover my beating you to an inch of your life, but if you " "It's okay." Naruto interrupted, hoping to get past the issue already. "You'd be surprised how often that sort of thing happens."
- After Naruto thwarts a bank robbery with all the precision of Hancock.
- Superman looked around, at the long trench in the pavement, the burst fire hydrant at the end of it, the decapitated car (leaking oil), the bent lamp post, the crook with the concussion, the OTHER one with several cracked ribs and some internal bleeding, and the terrified people standing around watching it all. He sighed and rubbed his eyes. "Naruto." He said. "Let's talk about control."
- Naruto, giddy with being able to fly briefly, creates a bunch of Shadow Clones. He realizes that he can fly, while they cannot. They immediately drop to the ground and dissipate.
- Early on in the story, when the League is discussing the "dimensional invaders,"Batman: No, no. I mean, isn't that Question's city? Why didn't you call him in on it?Hawkgirl: He must be off on one of his conspiracy trails. Wouldn't want us 'tracing' him, I suppose. I hate to think of what he's doing right now.Kiba: Dude, you're some kind of crazy!The Question: Tell me what you know!
- Batman spars with Lee to get a hold on his style. He insists Lee take off his weights beforehand. Afterwards...Bruce: (struggles upright, spits out blood) You...you...(wheezes)...Your...kicks...lack strength. You...don't follow...through on them."Robin: You noticed that too?
- Robin's little chuckle right before the spar begins, having gone through much the same himself.
- The two then go on to explain to Lee how the weights impair his kicks, as he's grown so used to them that when he fights without, muscle memory means he acts as though they're still there, subtly throwing him off. Lee understands what they mean, and declares he will train three times as hard....only to realize that training is the problem. The poor boy is almost reduced to tears before Batman reframes the issue so Lee's head doesn't explode.
- Naruto wants to talk to Hinata after a certain incident, only to have her avoid him with great success for over a week. He has to activate Sage mode to corner her, and comments that she's really good at that, it's almost like she's been practising how to hide from him her whole life...
- When Naruto manages to get into a fight with DOOMSDAY.Strengths. Think Strengths, Naruto, not Aptitudes. Aptitude is an element classification. Superman told you about Strengths and weaknesses. That's all any battle is, the correct match-up of those two.
So...let's focus on the guy's weaknesses for a moment.
Maybe it'd be better to start with his strengths.
- Practically everything Gai does in this story is hilarious, but his best moment would have to be his Dynamic Entry into a giant battle at the Metro Tower. Green Arrow and Mr. Terrific can do little more than stare in shock. Then when he leaves them, they hear this exchange:Gai: Ah-ha! And who are you, my youthful friend?The Creeper: They call me the yellow-skinned wacky man! But I prefer the Creeper.Gai: You are well met, friend Creeper!
- "Your duplicity is so unbounded, mortal, that I cannot discern whether you seek to manipulate me into removing my avatar, or, by reverse psychology, into removing my pawns.""So much for unbounded wisdom," yawned Shikamaru
Funny / Connecting The Dots