- The gleeful, ruthless parodying of the entire genre of Hollywood summer action flicks that the first ten minutes consists of—down to the in-universe show using overdone orange/teal color grading.
- Bolt trying to melt a lock with his Eye Beams... in the real world.Bolt: If I stare at this lock long enough, it'll burst into flames and melt.
Mittens: Now I'm concerned on a number of levels.
- And later on when they're in the animal control truck (but in different compartments) and Bolt is still convinced he can use his powers to escape.Mittens: You can't, Bolt! You got nothin'! No super strength! No super bark! [realizes Bolt's not responding] And no heat vision. [cut to Bolt staring at the door so hard you think something in him is going to burst]
- The scene where Mittens tries to threaten Bolt with a Styrofoam packing peanut, because Bolt has become convinced that Styrofoam robs him of his powers.
- Not to mention every line Rhino says.
- This bit from the scene where Bolt and Rhino rescue Mittens from the animal shelter. Just the casual air with which Rhino says his line:Bolt: There's a guard.
Rhino: I'll snap his neck.
- And from shortly after that, when Bolt performs the actual rescue:Mittens: Bolt? What are you doing here?
Bolt: I'm busting you out!
Mittens: You... you came all the way back here, for me?
Mittens: But how'd you... I mean... you don't have any super powers!
Bolt: I know.
Mittens: [surprised] Really?
Mittens: Wow. Crazy day for you, huh?
Bolt: It's been a lot, yes, it has.
- When Rhino and Mittens have just arrived at the studio, Rhino sees one of Dr. Calico's "henchmen", and runs towards him screaming various death threats. The guy however, only hears a bunch of squeaks, and thinks that Rhino's cute.Rhino: I WILL BEAT YOUR PANCREAS WITH YOUR SPLEEN AND—
[cut to outside of ball, only able to hear Rhino's high-pitched squeaks]
Henchman: Aww, aren't you the cutest, with your little whiskers....
- Mittens' reaction after Rhino's initial introduction, and suggestion that he and Bolt could be twins.Mittens: Yeah... scary.
- Or when Bolt hits the perfect "Cute Doggy Face" under Mitten's tutelage.
- Rhino's distraction to the dogs at the pound...
- And then when the guard comes in to check on them, he sees one of the dogs nomming on Rhino's ball.Rhino: Initiating escape!
- "Just the knowledge that every minute spent in your presence becomes the new greatest minute of my life."
- The female guard Esther starts hearing strange noises:Esther: Lloyd Spoon, you jump out and scare me, and I'm gonna pepper spray you again!
- How could you miss the aftermath of the breakout?
Esther: Sweet Sister Frances! What did you do to my new truck?!
- Rhino's ball is sent flying and hits big heavy guard Lloyd in the head, knocking him out. Then the impact sends a hydrogen tank rocketing out and it hits the Animal Shelter sign, causing it to tilt and fall onto a propane truck, resulting in a massive fiery explosion as Bolt and his friends flee.
Marty: [runs right in] HOLD ON RIGHT THERE!
[startled, Esther pepper sprays Marty, who falls to the floor and right on unconscious Lloyd]
Marty: AAAAAH! GOLLY, ESTHER! [screams in pain]
Esther: Both you boys need serious help!
Marty: SPICY EYES!
- Bolt, trying to escape from the animal control van, and finding the compartment resistant to his head: "Must be made of Styrofoam!"
- What the Agent said to Penny after he gave her a dog that wasn't Bolt as an attempt at replacing him.Agent: Y'know, when I was little, I wanted a bicycle for my birthday, but my parents gave me a baseball glove. So, y'know what I did? I PRETENDED that baseball glove WAS a bicycle. And I rode it to school everyday. True story.
- When Mittens is teaching Bolt how to behave like a normal dog:Mittens: They do things like—
[cut to the two of them standing before a toilet]
Bolt: Out of this?! But... But...
- The New York pigeons are trying to figure out where they've seen Bolt before. Not one, but two buses go by with his picture on it — and they still haven't figured it out. Later in the scene, they continue trying to figure out where they've seen Bolt before — while standing on top of a multi-story billboard advertising the show that has his picture on it!
- The Los Angeles pigeons who spot Bolt and decide to pitch a High Concept story idea for the show. Just one word. "Aliens."
- The "begging for food" sequence.Bolt: [begs]
Trailer Folks: Aw...
Trailer Folks: Aw...
Trailer Folks: Aw...
Trailer Man: Beat it, stupid cat!
- At the very end, we get the revelation that the show has completely jumped the shark by adding aliens out of the blue.Rhino: That is totally unrealistic.
Bolt: Absolutely ridonkulous.
Mittens: You can say that again.
Funny / Bolt