Fridge Logic is found at the main Headscratchers page.
- In The Movie Shang Tsung whenever he introduces himself and during the final battle puts his Fist over the Palm of his hand. When Liu Kang prepares to face him he does the traditional salute of putting his Palm over his Fist. The palm over fist symbolizes peace over power while Tsung's stance represents power over peace which is a symbol of his beliefs and obsession over gaining power and dominance.
- Why Sonya didn't fight back when Shang Tsung took her to outworld, even though earlier she proved to be an adept fighter. She figured out early that any form of physical fighting against him would be accepting his challenge.
- Why does Shang Tsung challenge Johnny Cage to the final match? Throughout the movie, Tsung has shown an obvious attraction to Sonya and he knows Johnny has similar feelings for her. He was trying to get the competition out of the way.
- The reason implied by the scene was that he wanted to fight anyone else except Liu Kang, what with Liu being The Chosen One. Same reason why he tried to scare Liu Kang away while actively making sure Johnny and Sonya make it.
- After telling Johnny Cage about the tournament, "Master Boyd" is revealed to be Shang Tsung in disguise. Shang Tsung can only take the form of people whose soul he has absorbed. Assuming his power works the same way in the movie that it does in the games, he only needs a small portion of their soul to take their form. That said, there's no reason to assume he didn't kill the guy and steal his soul.
- Referenced and confirmed in Mortal Kombat 11 when Johnny Cage faces Shang Tsung in VS Mode that Shang Tsung killed and stole Boyd's soul.