I Am Alone is a Found Footage Zombie movie by Michael A. Weiss and Robert A. Palmer.
Jacob Fitts is the host of a wilderness survival show called "I Am Alone", in which he is left alone in the wilderness for a week with his crew, Adam Levine the Producer, and Mason Riley the cameraman. Their most recent episode, episode 413, has Jacob spending his week in the Colorado Rockies while his crew goes into town to shoot footage and interview people. While this is happening, a viral outbreak occurs that starts zombifying a large number of people rather quickly. So now Adam and Mason have to fight for survival against the infected.
As he was in the wilderness when this occurred, Jacob is completely unaware of what's happening. As a result, he's taken by surprise when a zombie wanders into the mountains and, one night, breaks into his tent and bites him.
Meanwhile, Mason is taken by the CDC, along with his and Jacob's footage. Apparently, the virus zombifies its host within 32 seconds to a minute. Jacob didn't turn for days. So, together, Mason and the CDC start going over Jacob's footage in hopes they might find something they can use to develop a cure.
The film was funded on Kickstarter on May 28th, 2013, and released in 2015.
I Am Alone contains examples of:
- Head Cam: Jacob has a video camera on a helmet as part of his gear.
- In the Hood: Someone is seen wearing a hoodie in one shot. It's creepy.
- Locked Out of the Loop: Jacob. He was in the wilderness when the virus hit, so he had no idea a zombie outbreak was occurring.
- The Virus: The virus in the movie zombifies its host within 32 seconds to a minute once they're infected.
- Zombie Apocalypse: Naturally, this trope is in play.
- Zombie Infectee: Jacob is bitten by a zombie, and goes several days before he finally turns.