Gostosas, Lindas e Sexies (Hot, Beautiful and Sexy) is a 2017 Brazilian movie directed by Ernani Nunes. Carolinie Figueiredo, Cacau Protasio, Mariana Xavier and Lyv Ziese are the protagonists of the film.
In Rio de Janeiro, four great and inseparable friends live: Beatriz, Tânia, Ivone and Marilu. They wear plus size mannequins and face all the loving and professional adventures and mismatches that four young women can face in Rio's (almost) always in a good mood.
This movie features the following tropes:
- Abhorrent Admirer: Felipe is this to Marilu.
- Awful Wedded Life: Tânia lives a loveless marriage with Ricardo, who cheats on her with Vera, a thin woman.
- Berserk Button: Vera calls Tania fat. Big mistake.
- Big Eater: All the four protagonists.
- Chubby Chaser: With the exception of Ricardo, ALL male characters are that for the four protagonists (and conveniently, they're all skinny).
- Cloudcuckoolander: Marilu is a little crazy.
- Double Standard: Abuse, Female on Male: Ricardo gets beaten up by Tania, but the script justifies it because he was cheating on her with another woman.
- Earn Your Happy Ending: All four protagonists get their boyfriends and fulfill their professional goals at the end of the movie.
- Fat Comic Relief: For a movie that tries to be empowering for chubby women, the movie ends up falling into this trap, using the body of the four protagonists for various jokes. Especially Marilu is the stereotype of the chubby sex addict who only runs after skinny men, while Beatriz even has imaginary conversations with a talking refrigerator.
- Hypocrite: Marilu is furious to find out that Tania is being cheated on by her husband and immediately warns her friend ... but she encourages Beatriz to cheat on her boyfriend, who she knows is a decent and honest man.
- Ms. Fanservice: The four female protagonists have many scenes of bikini, lingerie or seductive dresses.