Broomshakalaka is a short film, released as part of [adult swim]'s Infomercials series. It is about the salesman Jenny Boffa who tries to show off his multi-purpose broom invention, the Broomshakalaka. He tells his assistants Mark and Eileen that he needs to sell 2550 units to bring back his daughter Jenny, who was beheaded by Jihadists. Mark seems skeptical, though Eileen believes it might work.
Watch the short film on YouTube here.
With Broomshakalaka, you can have the following tropes:
- 555: The infomercial's phone number is 1-800-555-0199.
- Agent Mulder: Eileen instantly believes that selling enough Broomshakalakas can bring back Denny's daughter..
- An Arm and a Leg: Denny cuts off his hand with the Broomshakalaka.
- Ashes to Crashes: Invoked by Denny, who has Eileen intentionally drop his daughter's ashes on the floor and then uses the Broomshakalaka to scatter them everywhere.
- Ass Shove: Denny somehow gets a regular broom shoved up his butt.
- Back from the Dead: Denny's daughter comes back from after 2550 brooms are sold. Denny comes back after 5100 brooms sold, and the dog French Fries appears after 7650.
- *Bleep*-dammit!: Mark curses quite a bit, though all his swears are bleeped because it's a television commercial.
- Everybody Lives: Although the Broomshakalaka kills Denny, selling enough units somehow makes him come back to life. In fact, all the previously dead characters mentioned end up coming back to life.
- I Ate WHAT?!: Mark tries some substance flowing from the Broomshakalaka, speculating that it's frosting. However, it turns out to be caulk.
- Parody Commercial: Parodies infomercials for multi-purpose tool that supposedly save time.
- Riddle Me This: Denny starts the commercial with one.Denny: I am the destroyer of mountains, the killer of kings. I always fly by, yet I don't have wings. I can end basketball games or marriages with similar ease. And though I flow like a stream, only water can freeze. I've murdered parents and children and houseplants galore. Yet despite all this, you always want more. Who am I?
- The answer to this riddle is: Time.
- Shout-Out: Mark tells everyone to "make like *NSYNC and buy, buy, buy", referencing the song "Bye Bye Bye".
- Swiss Army Weapon: The Broomshakalaka turns out to be one, though it also has more benign uses.
- World of Pun: Every selling point for the broom is told in a pun.
- Denny says, "with the Broomshakalaka, blending always goes smoothie."
- The Broomshakalaka has a milah knife, an instrument used during Jewish circumcision rituals. When asked why it has this, Denny responds, "Well don't make a mountain out of a mohel."note
- Eileen says, "Why say goodbye to tattoos when you can say 'see ya laser'?"