Proof that the remaining 10% worth eating a Sand Worm for is here.
These are recommendations made by Tropers for Epic Battle Fantasy fanfics, all of which have to be signed to stay on the page. Feel free to add a fanfic of your own to the list, but remember to use the template found here.
You can also add to the current recommendations if you want. You can do it by expanding on the synopsis and/or pertinent tags, or linking similar or related fanfics. Reviews are also encouraged, but please make sure to make reviews have substance; if you simply want to recommend a fic without an extensive review, put your Troper name in the Recommended by line of the fic in question. Please use the discussion page for conversations about fics.
Discussion of the recommendation is welcome on the discussion page. As such discussion is important, do remember to add the discussion page to the watchlist, if need be.
- Recommended by Zoic Alcelaphine
- Aysu has written several fanfics in the world of Epic Battle Fantasy, and she writes about a wide variety of topics. Some of her stories are cheerful, and others are depressing, but all of her stories are vibrant and detailed.
- Recommended by: Miragician
- Status: Dead
- Synopsis: Lance learns the hard way what happens when he forgets how important his two friends are to him. Will he survive or will he succumb to his own mistakes?
- Comments: An interesting Darker and Edgier take on the relationships between the Epic Battle Fantasy characters. This fic notably deconstructs how the characters can be uncooperative and have no consequences happen to them, and expands their personalities significantly from their shallow Canon counterparts.
Forsaken by abaresque
- Recommended by: Kedarui
- Status: Completed, 27 Chapters
- Synopsis: 'Why must everything be taken from me...'
From a lost amnesiac, to the terrors of Brawl Royale, to the fascist monster his circumstances drove him to become. He was completely torn. Torn from his previous life. He had no idea of who he was, no idea of his family, no idea of what the world was like.
Lance woke up, finding himself in the heart of carnage. He had no past. Only his present, and a possibly bleak future ahead. From the second he opened his eyes, it was completely evident. His world would never be the same. And he would never get it back. Ever.
- Comments: A wonderfully written and well done fanfic told in the perspective of Lance, and occasionally Matt. It ties all of the games in the series, starting from Brawl Royale and ending with Epic Battle Fantasy 3, into chronological order and gives reason to the otherwise semi-non-existent background of the world, as well as give more personality and backstory to its inhabitants and main characters. It's a long read, but one that is well worth it.