"Am I your best friend... or your best nightmare?"
The work-in-progress fan works by ProdigyGamingYT, Uncommon Sense and Hall of Origin (as well as any related sequels, prequels and/or spin-offs) are both part of The Prodigy Fandom. Both works are highly in-progress, with a hinted sixty-six chapters planned for Uncommon Sense, an unstated amount for Hall Of Origin, likely due to the fact in seems planned to split into various books.
Uncommon Sense is a story with unconnected stories split up here and there, but the author seems to have many plans in store for the book, as hinted in the ciphers at the bottom of each chapter - notably, these ciphers are mostly missing from the Fan Fiction version, meaning the can only be viewed on Archive of Our Own.
Hall of Origin is a more fluid story, although slightly broken up, some chapters connecting, some not. The ciphers at the bottom seem more poetic as well, more prophecy-like, which might be hinting that these are in fact prophecies.
Both stories are stated to be connected, from Archive Of Our Own's versions having a custom fandom tag, the main character James appearing in both stories, and various others points, such as a shared timeline for both stories, which holds many details for this page.
This series contain super smashing examples of...
- Blood from the Mouth: Red is coughing up blood in Murder Murder.
- Born of Magic: It is confirmed in Hall Of Origin: Beginnings that James was born with abilities akin to those of a main protagonist.
- Breaking the Fourth Wall: James has the powers of a main protaginist (even being called SAVEing and LOADing). Also, James at one point disagrees with the disclaimer in a chapter.
- Call a Hit Point a "Smeerp": The ability to SAVE and LOAD is called sinjinfrabefabelis..
- Call-Back: The recurring Shall we? line returns from Behind the Scenes (Chapter 2) into Uncommon Sense (Chapter 6).
- Child Prodigy: Subverted. The main character, James Prodigy, is egotistical, and while talented, is no where close to the rank his last name implies.
- Dummied Out: To celebrate one year of Uncommon Sense, ''The Making Of Uncommon Sense'' was released. Tons of Dummied Out content, including entire stories!
- Easter Egg: The ciphers at the end of the chapters qualify. See Genius Bonus.
- Genius Bonus: There are many, many, MANY ciphers split across the stories. In fact, pretty much one per chapter. All of them foretell something important. The ciphers in question have their own page.
- If It Was Funny the First Time...: Marth's simple reaction to James' elaborate exchange between Fire Emblem fighters.
- Non-Indicative Name: James Prodigy. He is talented, but nowhere CLOSE to a prodigy, unlike he believes.
- Precision F-Strike: James outright swears in Murder Murder, because he found a clean room.
- Prophecies Rhyme All the Time: The ciphers at the end of each chapter are somewhat prophecy like, and the author has made most, if not all, rhyme.
- Rage Quit: Meta. The cipher used in the official timeline is regards to Steven's disappearance seems to be in Vigenere, but the key isn't known, making the code next to impossible to solve.MPA'M S MHUIMWXV. AUTA RCV YBX JFUXGX?
- The aforementioned cipher.
- Shout-Out: Has its own page.
- Wham Line: A big one in Studying.
- Diancie thought about this. Never. Never could she be 100% Pokemon again.Was it wrong she didn't mind in the slightest?
- Word of Gay: It was confirmed in the Official Timeline that Lucas and Ness are dating.
- Word of God:
- The author has stated on one of the chapters in The Adventure Begins to put Shout-Outs on a separate page than the rest. This is most likely due to the author planning a lot of shout-outs.
- Another example includes according to the Official Timeline, James was gone for a week. Although, the ink and dust is unknown.June 15th - James vanishes of the face of the earth.June 22nd - James returns covered in ink and white dust. He refuses to explain. His fear of water increases, to the point of refusing any and all beverages offered, including most alcohols. The few he does take finally are taking a toll on him.