When a teenager, Max McGrath (Ben Winchell), discovers that his body can generate the universe's most powerful energy, he must bond with a techno-organic being named Steel (voiced by Josh Brener) to contain it. United as the superhero Max Steel, the two friends must combat an alien menace known as the Ultralinks and unlock the secrets of their past.
It was released on October 14, 2016.
- Abandoned Area: The old N-Tek facility that was destroyed 16 years ago by a tornado. It was actually destroyed by evil Ultralinks controlling the air.
- Adaptation Name Change: Miles Dredd is renamed as Miles Edwards, probably in order to make it less obvious that he is the antagonist.
- Disappeared Dad: Max's father is missing.
- Deadpan Snarker: Steel. He's a very sarcastic robot.
- Explosive Overclocking: What happens to some electronics when exposed to Max's tachyon energy.
- Half-Human Hybrid: Max has a Human Mom, Non-Human Dad. He gets his powers from his Human Alien dad.
- Laser-Guided Amnesia: Steel has no memory. He gets it back at the end of the film.
- Meet Cute: Max meets his love interest when she almost ran him over with her truck.
- Pent-Up Power Peril: If Max didn't have Steel drain him of his tachyon energy regularly, he could explode.
- Product Placement: The movie is based on a toyline, so this is a given.
- At one point, Max searches "my fingers emit liquid energy" on Google.
- The Quisling: Miles allies himself with the evil Ultralinks and betrays Max and Steel.
- Transformation Sequence: Max Steel gets one for the final battle.