It's hard enough being Spider-Man on a normal day. But when he winds up hosting a magical princess from another dimension who just wants to have fun, being Spider-Man goes from tough to nearly impossible. Especially once she knows your secret. Has a Archive of Our Own page.
The story is ongoing.
Spidey vs. the Forces of Evil provides examples of:
- Adapted Out: According to Word of God, Marco Ubaldo Diaz does not exist in this story. While the author is a fan of the character, this is a story about Peter Parker and Star Butterfly so Marco was cut out to be replaced by Peter Parker.
- Alternate Universe Fic: The whole premise of this fanfiction is an alternate universe that combines Spider-Man and the Star vs. the Forces of Evil. Instead of going to school at Echo Creek Academy, located in Echo Creek, Los Angeles, Star goes to school in Midtown High School, located in Forest Hills in New York City, New York. Characters from both shows make up the primary and supporting casts.
- Arbitrary Skepticism: Subverted when Peter Parker meet Star and she tells him that she is a magical princess from another dimension, he disbelieves her, not because he does not think magic is real, having seen too much as Spider-Man for that, he just thought Star was being ridiculous, until he saw Star's power first hand.
- Composite Character: Although Marco doesn't exist in this story, Peter takes on some of his traits.
- Fusion Fic: This fic fuses the universes of the Spider-Man series and the Star vs. the Forces of Evil series. The backstories of the Star vs. the Forces of Evil characters are blended so that they all grew up in a New York City, and attended Midtown High School instead of Echo Creek Academy.
- Our Werewolves Are Different: Star accidentally turns Flash into a werewolf for a brief period.
- Secret Keeper: Star becomes this when she discovers Peter was Spider-Man when she was in his room when he was out as Spider-Man, and Peter come back and unknowingly unmasks before her. Peter's little sister Teresa Parker also knows that he is Spider-Man.
- Secret Secret-Keeper: In chapter 5 Jackie Lynn Thomas and Janna Ordonia revealed they know Peter was secretly Spider-Man to Star. Jackie figured it out he was Spider-Man when she saw Spider-Man swinging to school one day, and when she went into the gym, ran over and bumped into Peter. Janna admits she broke into his locker once, just to see if he had some "cool nerd stuff", and found his Spider-Man suit, to the other girls' shock and dismay. They admit at the end of the chapter they were waiting for Peter to tell them his secret and decide with Star to wait off telling him they know until an emergency were he needs them.
- Younger and Hipper: When Teresa Parker first appeared she was an adult. In this story, she's Peter Parker's 10-year-old little sister.