Summary: After Fortuna turns her back on him, Sawada Tsunayoshi finds himself plunging deeper than he ever thought possible into the darkness of the Underworld and dragging his friends along with him, where he strives to redeem not just himself but his entire famiglia - all the while trying to suppress his thirst for revenge. Will he survive? Or will he destroy himself in the process?
- Beta Couple: Hana and Ryohei, Haru and Enma.
- Downer Beginning: The story begins with Tsuna and Kyoko's first date, where Kyoko is killed by a rival famiglia during an assassination attempt.
- Go Out with a Smile: How Kyoko dies, smiling and thanking Tsuna for all the good times they spent together.
- His Heart Will Go On: This is the story of not only how Tsuna redeems himself and the Vongola, but also how he learns to move on with his life after the death of his First Love. This is punctuated in the penultimate chapter, where Tsuna catches sight of Chrome and Kyoko's spirit urges him to go forward and live."Live your life, Tsuna-kun."
- I See Dead People: Thanks to the circumstances that allows Mukuro to use the Six Paths, he can see and interact with spirits of the deceased. The epilogue reveals that this allowed him to see Kyoko's spirit as she was haunting Tsuna, and then Tsuna himself after his death, when he began haunting his Guardians.
- Killed Off for Real: Sasagawa Kyoko.
- The Lost Lenore: Kyoko, whose death drives the actions of Tsuna for the rest of the fic.
- Luke, I Am Your Father: Nico, a child Tsuna rescues during a Scoglio attack, turns out to be the bastard son of Federico due to a night with a prostitute, and therefore Timoteo's grandson and Tsuna's distant relative, and thus a legitimate heir of the Vongola.
- Official Couple: Had fate been kinder, Tsuna and Kyoko. Eventually, Tsuna finds happiness again with Chrome.
- Plot-Triggering Death: It is the death of Kyoko that causes Tsuna to finally accept his fate as Vongola Decimo and truly resolve himself to change the mafia.
- Roaring Rampage of Revenge: Tsuna absolutely loses his shit when he finds those responsible for Kyoko's death.
- Second Love: Chrome, for Tsuna.
- Star-Crossed Lovers: Madam Vivianne Davois, Don of the Spada famiglia, and Argento Terzo Cassiano Boggio, Don of the Argento famiglia. They have been in love with each other since childhood, but since fate dictated that they would be the Dons of their respective famiglie, they weren't able to marry. After Cassiano is almost killed spying on the Scolgio, they say to hell with it and get married anyway, merging their respective famiglie into the Croce.
- Uncanny Family Resemblance: Nico and his father, Federico, look identical. So identical that when Timoteo caught sight of him, he looked as if he had seen a ghost.
- Unexpected Successor: Tsuna's heir is Nico, the bastard son of Federico. Good thing, too, considering that Chrome couldn't give him kids.
- Unresolved Sexual Tension/Ship Tease: Tsuna and Chrome. Reading between the lines during their interactions after Kyoko's death and during the war with the Scolgio shows that there's something developing between them. In the epilogue, as Kawahira is finishing the tale to Hana and Ryohei's granddaughter, it's revealed that they eventually got married.
- Worth Living For: Tsuna was overworking himself to death and found it hard to keep going after Kyoko dies. It's only the pleas of his friends and Kyoko wish for him to live his life without regrets that makes him start taking better care of himself.