In more than just blood and name.
Of Siblings and Masks by Dracon Asahara is a post-Code Geass introspective on Nunnally's character. It is a short oneshot that delves into the Alternate Character Interpretation that Nunnally isn't as innocent as she seems.
Nunnally and Lelouch are more similar than people notice. Behind her smile is a girl much like her brother. Not even Lelouch knew of this side of Nunnally. Suzaku is one of the few that sees the side of Nunnally that she hides from the world.
This fanfic provides examples:
- All-Loving Hero: Subverted as Nunnally's peaceful and all-caring persona is a mask to hide her darker and more selfish personality.
- Beneath the Mask: It's right in the title. Nunnally acts like a just and compassionate ruler but really, she is a bitter, broken shell of a person who outright hates the world that took her beloved brother from her.
- Child Prodigy: Lelouch and Nunnally were both this way as children. Suzaku didn't mind Nunnally's intelligence much, but Lelouch annoyed him because he seemed so intellectually superior to Suzaku.
- Not So Different: Lelouch and Nunnally seem like opposites, but Of Siblings and Masks reveals that Nunnally has a similar personality to her late brother.
- The Ingenue: Subverted. Nunnally keeps a facade of being The Ingenue because that's what her brother would have wanted from her.
- Obfuscating Stupidity: Nunnally looks like The Ingenue but she is as smart as Lelouch was.
- Stepford Smiler: Nunnally hides a lot of spite, anger, and grief behind her smiles.
- Teen Genius: Nunnally is very capable, both intellectually and as a leader. Suzaku guesses that capability runs in her family.