Rescue Angels is a Code Geass fic by The Girl With Far Too Many Ideas dealing with two of the most tragic character deaths in the series: Those of Shirley Fenette and Princess Euphemia Li Brittania.
Both girls are charged by a mysterious voice (who turns out to be the God dwelling on top of the Thought Elevator) to undo the Start of Darkness for both Lelouch and Suzaku, thus changing things for the better. They are then given angelic wings and a set of mysterious powers and are then sent to the past, alive again.
Last updated November 2016.
- Badass Pacifist: Euphemia is clearly one. Shirley develops into one, though she's more a Technical Pacifist.
- Beneath Suspicion: Euphie is considered this. After all, why would the lovely, sweet and harmless trophy princess betray her Empire? To some extent, Shirley as well - how could a random scientist's daughter be involved with leaking state secrets? Though that may change now that Schneizel is coming.
- Break Them by Talking: Mao's usual shtick. In this second timeline, he instead goads Shirley's fear of dying thanks to the Grace and her fear that she and Euphie won't be able to prevent some of the horrors they saw in their nightmares, while taunting her that she and Lelouch will be separated in death.
- Deadly Upgrade: The Grace. It's not made for humans to use and ultimately is going to kill Shirley and Euphie, with them knowing that and accepting it as the price for saving the men they love and the world.
- The Dreaded: Mao, especially for Shirley. He's one of two people she's genuinely terrified of seeing again. Euphie may think this of Schneizel as well, knowing what he's capable of.
- Dropped a Bridge on Him: Shirley and Euphie deliberately invoke this on Schneizel knowing he's too dangerous to leave alive and as soon as they have the opportunity, they take it.
- God Is Good / Mysterious Benefactor: He's the one who gives Shirley and Euphie their powers, and sends them back in time. It's said he resides on top of the Thought Elevator.
- The Mole / Reverse Mole: Euphie is now acting as Leouch's mole in Brittania, while still maintaining her/Shirley's own agenda.
- One Dialogue, Two Conversations: Euphemia and Lelouch's conversation at the Gala, especially once Marianne comes up. Lelouch thinks the coldness that comes into her eyes is because she knows the 'terrorist' story is fake, when it actually is directed at Marianne herself - who's still alive. Her earlier comments while concussed after Lake Kawaguchi might qualify as well.
- Also, Shirley asking if Lelouch is all right while balancing the budget. Lelouch thinks that she's just noticing that he's tired but Shirley is asking because she knows he killed his brother and she's concerned that it's weighing on him.
- Power at a Price: The extent of it isn't clear yet, but using their strange new powers seems to cause Shirley sharp pains where she was shot. By the last chapter before it went silent, it's confirmed that over using their powers will result in Shirley and Euphie dying.
- Set Right What Once Went Wrong: In a nutshell, this is why Shirley and Euphie have been given a second chance at life.
- Spanner in the Works: Shirley and Euphie, both at the Battle of Narita and when they released Clovis' dirty secrets. They plan to be this in general.
- Taking the Bullet: Shirley jumps on Mao's gun arm to protect Lelouch when he comes to confront Mao.
- Took a Level in Badass: Both girls are taking action to undo the tragedies that occurred in the original timeline.