The Harvest Goddess has turned to stone. Jamie is the only one who can save her, but he doesn't know how. Things change when a new person, a bright-eyed farmer named "Jill", arrives in Flower Bud Village. Jamie instantly hates this new girl and wants to be the one to save the Goddess. Barely a season after arriving in town, Jill's health takes a sudden turn for the worse and she is hospitalized. Alex asks Jamie to fill in on her farm while she's bedbound, which the man begrudgingly accepts.
This fanfic provides examples of:
- Adaptation Name Change: The female protagonist's Canon Name is "Amanda", but the fanfic calls her "Jill" instead.
- Alternate Universe Fic: The story uses Magical Melody as its basis but it deviates heavily once Jill is hospitalized.
- Bittersweet Ending: Jamie dies of a heart attack but Jill is given his heart and recovers. It's also shown that Eve didn't get abortion after all and decided to keep the baby, naming her after Jamie.
- Dark Fic: All the fluff is taken out of the characters and is replaced with dark realism.
- Dead Guy Junior: Eve names her daughter after the recently deceased Jamie.
- Death by Despair: Jamie's mother died of a sudden stress-induced heart attack. This is very similar to a Takotsubo cardiomyopathy. Jamie also dies of this after he freaks out, believing he gave Jill a fatal heart attack.
- Ill Girl:
- Jill has always had a bad heart. Less than a year after arriving in Flower Bud Village, she is left bedbound and dying due to heart failure.
- Jamie's mother died of a genetic defect that gave her a sudden heart attack. Jamie inherited this and also dies of cardiac arrest.
- Mistaken for Pregnant: Eve spreads a rumor that Jill is pregnant because she looks a little rotund. It's not true.
- Snow Means Death: Subverted with Jill, who narrowly escapes death. Instead, Jamie died that same winter day due to the shock of thinking he had given Jill a fatal heart attack.