Kyoshi Revolts is an Avatar: The Last Airbender Dark Fic written by Waterkai and Vaznock on Avatar Wiki. The story is set in an Alternate Universe in which the Fire Nation won the war and Princess Azula is Supreme Fire Lord of the entire world. People of separate nations are now enslaved, while the only rebels live in a secluded Utopia known tentatively as Rebel City. Team Avatar, including The Avatar himself, have all died tragic deaths. In general, the world is a craptastic, dystopian nightmare.
The fic focuses on Mina, a former slave from Kyoshi Island, as she rebels against the Fire Nation and attempts to defeat Azula's reign once and for all. Along the way, she is joined by fellow rebel Kaila, the former Heir to the Fire Nation throne Chen (who is later revealed to be the Avatar), and eventually three rebels from Rebel City: Giu (a womanizer), Ray (a skilled, deaf Waterbender), and Kambi (leader of the city). A Character Sheet expected to be up soon.
The story has been widely lauded on Avatar Wiki for its careful treatment of its complex characters and smart reimagining of the original series. It's divided into 3 "Books," and is halfway through Book 2. It can be read on Avatar Wiki.
- Aw, Look! They Really Do Love Each Other: Chen and Kaila when Kaila doesn't trust Chen in the first half of Book 1.
- Crapsack World: The world is under control of an oppressive empire, two thirds of the worlds land and a great many of its population have been wiped out in a fiery holocaust; the first chapters even called The World Like It Shouldnt Be
- &%* Driven to Suicide: Revealed to be what happened to Aang.
- Evil Overlord: Azula, taking the place of Ozai after he died.
- Shoot the Shaggy Dog: The storys premise makes it clear that the original Team Avatar failed in their effort to stop Ozai. In flashbacks, it is revealed just how tragic it was.