Warning: Unmarked Spoilers. Read at your own risk.
Echoes of the War is a six-book Warrior Cats fanfiction written by Jayie-The-Hufflepuff. It is an AU continuation of Omen of the Stars, created after The Last Hope was released and it was thought that it would be the last book in the whole series.
The plot revolves around the kits of Lionblaze and Cinderheart, Silentpaw and Blazepaw. Silentpaw is born blind, which leaves many cats doubting that she can ever be a warrior. However, with some convincing, she manages to become an apprentice.
The series as a whole is about the two protaganists trying to stop villains of old and new from taking over the Clans.
Echoes of the War also boasts six novellas to its name, as well as another one coming its way.
The books are in this order:
1. Faded Boundaries
2. The Broken Shadow
3. Waning Moon
4. Trail of Ashes
5. Code of the Forest
6. Silent Sacrifice
The novellas are in this order:
1. Sushi's Society
2. Scorch's Ambition
3. Penny's Faith
4. Sasha's Calling
5. Molefoot's Loss
6. Nightfern's Choice
This series provides example of:
- Abandoned Area:
- The aboned quarry that is now ThunderClan's camp.
- The old Twoleg den(really an abandoned workman's house)which is used as a temporary shelter for ThunderClan after their camp floods.
- The "stone barn"(an abandoned warehouse)where the Clans shelter after being kicked out of their territory by Breeze's rogues and the Dark Forest.
- The Ace:
- Lionblaze, of course, with his invincibility and whatnot.
- Acronym and Abbreviation Overload:
- The series title itself, which is shortened to EOTW.
- Book titles(FB for Faded Boundaries, TBS for The Broken Shadow, WM for Waning Moon, TA or ToA for Trail of Ashes, CF or CotF for Code of the Forest, SS for Silent Sacrifice).
- The novellas(SA for Scorch's Ambition, PF for Penny's Faith, SC for Sasha's Calling, and ML for Molefoot's Loss.
- Action Girl: Every female in the series that knows how to fight.
- Silentstorm and Ambertalon are prominent examples of this.
- A Day in the Limelight:
- BloodClan and the Society of the Street get this in the first three novellas.
- Sasha and Molefoot get this in their respective novellas, as well as Shrew and Nightfern.
- Lightfoot. He's a Shrinking Violet who is very awkward around others, even his own Clanmates.
- Blazeheart as an apprentice. He's not as shy as Lightfoot, but is still meek, nervous, and anti-social.
- Adult Fear:
- When Silentpaw goes to help RiverClan, the whole Clan is worrying for her. Luckily she turns out safe.
- All There in the Manual: Family trees and backstories can be found in reference sheets.
- Anyone Can Die: Like in the canon books.
- The Atoner:
- All of Breezes rogues who turned aginst him and joined(or re-joined)the Clans are these.
- Ascended Extra: Shrewfoot/Shrew is a ShadowClan she-cat who appeared in the allegiances and had a very minor appearance as part of a ShadowClan patrol in the original books. Here, she's a major villain.
- Back Story: Shrewfoot's Spite is about Shrew's fall into villainy.
- Badass Grandpa:
- Bramblestar and Squirrelflight, after their adopted son Lionblaze has kits.
- Balance Between Good and Evil:
- Rock has this view on the world, which is understandable considering he's the Spirit of Light.
- Band of Brothers:
- Silentstorm, Blazeheart, and their group of friends eventually have a strong bond that goes beyond Clan boundaries.
- Big Bad:
- The Dark Forest, which is made up of hundreds of Big Bads.
- Breeze and his group of rogues.
- Shrew and her group of former ShadowClan cats turned into rogues.
- Scorch, Breezes mate who was part of the Society of the Street before trying to kill one of their members out of ambition and later becomes the Vessel of Darkness.
- Shade, a mist-like entity who basically rules the Dark Forest and is the Spirit of Darkness.
- Big-Bad Ensemble:
- Shrew, Breeze, and their respective groups join forces to destroy the Clans.
- Scorch and Shade work together in the last book(albeit for very different reasons), and the former becomes possesed by Shade to fight Rock.