Taylor hoped that spending the summer break after her freshman year on a boat trip searching for a mythical island would be a good way to relax and make some money. Instead she was marooned on an island of insane cultists, triggered after being kidnapped by cannibals, and then killed a god-queen along with hundreds of her followers.
Now that she's back home she just wants her life to go back to normal.
That is rather unlikely to happen.
A Survivor is Born provides examples of:
- Admiring the Abomination: Sophia. Given that she has a Predator/Prey mentality of looking at the world, she sees a Taylor who went to an island and came back with a three-figure body count, including an S-ranked Parahuman, as extremely impressive. She starts treating Taylor better for this reason as well as Bullying a Dragon reasons mentioned below.
- Awesomeness by Analysis: Whenever Taylor walks into a room, she automatically analyzes it for threats and escape routes.
- Bullying a Dragon: Deliberately subverted: Sophia Hess/Shadow Stalker is not at all eager to pick a fight with Taylor, and advises her friends to tread very lightly around her as well.
- Very deliberately subverted with Coil, who sends Lisa to ask Taylor to stay away. He has no desire to anger someone with a three-figure body count.
- Played straight when Armsmaster leads an unsanctioned operation along with Clockblocker and Miss Militia to bring Taylor to the PRT in civilian guise. Taylor breaks Armsmaster's jaw in three places and gives him a concussion, and only some quick talking by Miss Militia keeps things from getting worse.
- Curb-Stomp Battle: Ms. Militia, Armsmaster, and Clockblocker engage in an operation to try to bring Taylor to the PRT headquarters for debriefing without her knowledge by pretending to be a bus driver (Armsmaster) and two passengers. Once Taylor realizes the Bus is skipping stops to take her to a destination, it takes less than thirty seconds for her to call out each and every one of them over it, as well as break Armsmaster's jaw in three places and give him a concussion.
- Cursed With Awesome: Sure, Taylor is a stone cold badass now, but she also went through some very traumatizing shit and her powers seem to be almost exclusively geared towards killing people, even when she doesn't intend to.
- The Dreaded: Taylor aka Killdozer/Juggernaut to the PRT.
- Coil sends a message via Lisa to Taylor. The gist of the message is basically "Please, please, please don't do anything in this city. We will pay you not to do anything in this city. Just go away. Please?"
- Honorary Uncle: Roth was one of Annette's oldest friends.
- Healing Factor: Another of Taylor's powers, Scars Are Forever however.
- Idiot Ball: Uh, Armsmaster, attempting to basically kidnap the girl nicknamed Killdozer and Juggernaut is unlikely to end well for you.
- In Love with Your Carnage: Sophia; both Taylor and Emma are freaked out by it.
- Instant Expert: One of Taylor's powers, which lets her identify and use any weapon she finds. Maybe.
- The Juggernaut: Taylor's official PRT designation, until she deliberately goes back to "Killdozer," out of spite.
- Loophole Abuse: Sam gets Taylor a gun permit by getting her a bodyguards license.
- Maybe Magic, Maybe Mundane: The PRT is not sure if she's even triggered. She just might have gotten really good at staying alive and killing people.
- Miss Militia subtly suggests that Taylor might have a power related to picking up and using weapons very quickly, but Taylor points out that the weapons she picked up in the attack on the PRT Headquarters were very similar to ones she used on the island. Which one is right is not confirmed.
- Names to Run Away from Really Fast: Taylor's official PRT codename is Juggernaut; her nickname among PRT grunts is Killdozer.
- Nothing Is Scarier: The PRT is very twitchy about Taylor because she killed a crapton of people, including an S-rank threat (433 people on the island, to be exact), and they have very little idea as to what her powers actually are.
- Oh, Crap!: The individual responsible for the attack on PRT HQ almost immediately surrenders, under the condition of Taylor not finding out who he is, once he learns that she's in the building.
- One Woman Army: What Taylor has turned into. Sure, she might not be able to kill a lot of people all at once, but she can do it the slow way; just ask all 433 of her enemies on that island. And the people who tried killing her once she got back to Brockton Bay, including several trained and prepared mercenaries.