Curious George Goes To Paris is exactly what you think it is, until things get much weirder. It's actually a Crack Fic set in World War II, and yes, Curious George actually takes a plane there. He uses inexplicable Kung Fu moves on Those Wacky Nazis, and even kills Adolf Hitler. You can read it right here.
It uses the following tropes:
- Anachronism Stew: Curious George uses a Mastercard to get to 1940s Germany.
- Beige Prose
- Big Bad: Hitler
- Captain Obvious: "Perhaps it was a bad idea to visit Paris in the middle of World War II."
- The Dragon: Captain Hook
- Gory Discretion Shot: In a once M-rated Fan Fic? M Shyamalan would be proud.
- Hitler's Time Travel Exemption Act: Subverted, in that apart from all the modern inventions, the fic is taking place during WWII, and they do kill Hitler. It was very dramatic.
- Insistent Terminology: Curious George and The Man In The Yellow Hat are always called Curious George & The Man In The Yellow Hat.
- The Hit Flash: Yes, just like Adam West Batman.
- Lampshade Hanging: It hangs a lantern on which parts are anticlimactic & even the end.
- Rouge Angles of Satin: Not as bad as some fics, but there's "it's" instead of "its" and "sight" instead of "site."
- Time Skip: During a fight.
- Truth in Television: Curious George was actually invented by two Jewish writers fleeing Germany during World War II. They first made a stop in Paris, then went to Brazil.
- Unspoken Plan Guarantee: George and the Man in the Yellow Hat's plan to help Corporal McFluffin, which they explain to him but not the reader, seems to go smoothly until a Nazi tank arrives.