X-Coder is a Play-by-Post Game between AnAnonymusCat (me) and YukiBlueWho. So far only a few sessions have been played, and all tropes from them are added out of memory because I was too lazy to archive them manually. At some point in the future a story may be written based on it, but for now this as far as most of the world will get to seeing anything about it.
The basic story is that Riley Edgeworth has just moved to a new town, only to discover that she is one of the rare X-Coders, children who have special abilities in "the games," a strange going on that only children, and some of those who played in them as children, know about.
As this is could become published beware unmarked spoilers.
- Abandoned Warehouse: Part of a bigger abandoned factory.
- Adults Are Useless: Only the ones who don't know about the games.
- Age-Inappropriate Dress: Ally, who often wears short skirts, midriff-baring tank tops, and Zettai Ryouiki.
- Blind Without 'Em: Sasha, who is albino and therefor has poor eyesight.
- Bond Creatures: The Mons' often are like this.
- Bifauxnen: Sasha (my character) is this.
- Elegant Gothic Lolita: Lilian.
- Driven to Suicide: Katie almost was.
- Heroic Albino: Sasha.
- Innocent Inaccurate: Most of what Sasha says about Katie goes right over Riley's head.
- Mon: The basic premise.
- Older Than They Look: Ally, though not by much.
- Telepathy: The Mons' often use this to communicate. Though usually not with their human partners, instead relying on body language and a slight empathic link.
- Synchronization: Happens between the human and their 'mon partner. Also can happen between an X-Coder and the team they belong to.
- 20 Minutes into the Future
- Names To Run Away From Really Fast: Sadako. "Don't let the name scare you, my parents never saw Ring."
- Unsettling Gender Reveal: To Riley in regards to Sasha.
- Wise Beyond Their Years: Pretty much any kid who's ever had anything to do with the games is this to some degree.