Jake Larson and his Adventures of the Strangest Kind, also known as Jake Larson and his Misadventures of the Strangest Kind, is the working title of an adult animated series (either in Web Animation or Western Animation form) that follows the title character, a tiny bit of an Author Avatar with most of the author's traits comically exaggerated, lacking some of his other traits, and having a few quirks of his own.
Jake Larson is a 16 year old nerd and wannabe author who, while rather nice, is very strange and has a bizzare and violent imagination. Unlike the author, he lives in a small town, and most of the characters only loosely or not at all based on people the author knows. The show is a Dramedy follows him as he attempts to access the dark web to buy illegal things (usually hallucinogens and/or weapons)note , attempts to gather the courage to ask various girls outnote , and usually fails at both while going on various misadventures with his friends and acquaintances, in addition to navigating his rather bizarre life.
Tropes Included in the Series:
- Dark Is Not Evil: Too many characters to list here either are Eerie Pale-Skinned Brunettes, have creepy hobbies, or both. This includes:
Guy At The Reading Club: I don't know, how are you supposed to tell the good guys from the bad if they're all wearing spiky black leather jackets?
- The title character
- The girl at the cemetery
- The bikers
- Most of the good characters in Jake's in-universe books.
- Loads and Loads of Characters: Yes.
- Self-Deprecation: Jake, being in most ways a comical exaggeration of the author, is the author making fun of himself. His stories are also comical exaggerations and parodies of the author's own serious stories.
- World of Weirdness: The supernatural often plays a role in various storylines. Nobody seems to find it unusual.
Character Tropes:JLAHAOTSK has Loads and Loads of Characters—-
- Author Avatar: Downplayed. He has most of my traits in a comically exaggerated form, lacks a few, and has a few of his own quirks.
- Cloudcuckoolander: Very much so.
- Cold Ham: Prone to being overdramatic, but rarely loud about it. This is especially common in his story titles, which are usually something along the lines of "A/An (Noun) of the (Adjective)-est Kind/Sort".
- Dark Is Not Evil: An Eerie Pale-Skinned Brunette who often wears black. Also a Nice Guy (albeit a huge Cloudcuckoolander).
- Eerie Pale-Skinned Brunette: Justified. He rarely, if ever, sleeps and spends almost all of his time indoors.
- Must Have Caffeine: Loves Mountain Dew, and has stated multiple times that he "runs on caffeine and Heavy Metal". It also shpuld be noted that he stays up very late and wakes up very early (that is, if he sleeps at all.
- Nice Guy: Very friendly and somewhat outgoing, despite his extreme weirdness.