Simon Abkarian (Armenian: Սիմոն Աբգարեան; born 5 March 1962) is a French-Armenian stage, movie and TV actor.
Born in France of Armenian parents, he moved to Lebanon where he grew up, then moved to Los Angeles, then moved back to France in the 1980s.
His first movie roled was Carlos in Cédric Klapisch's Chacun cherche son chat (When the Cat is Away) in 1996.
Works on TV Tropes:
- Ararat (2002) as Arshile Gorky
- The Truth About Charlie (2002) as Lieutenant Dessalines
- The Viviane Amsalem trilogy as Elisha Amsalem
- To Take a Wife (2004)
- Shiva (2008)
- Gett: The Trial of Viviane Amsalem (2014)
- Casino Royale (2006) as Alex Dimitrios
- Persepolis (2007) as Mr. Satrapi
- Kaboul Kitchen (2012-2017) as Colonel Amanullah
- Zarafa (2012) as Hassan (French voice)
Tropes in his works:
- Plays Great Ethnics: He is of Armenian descent, and he has portrayed North African, Greek, Israeli, Afghani, Iranian and Romani characters quite convincingly.