Roberto Alfredo Fontanarrosa (November 26, 1944 July 19, 2007), better known as El "Negro"note was an Argentinian writer and cartoonist of a long career. He was from the city of Rosario, province of Santa Fe, known mostly by his characters Inodoro Pereyra (el renegáu) and Boogie El Aceitoso. He was regarded by his affectionated parodies, his humour, his affability and his Creator Provincialism, as his fame never changed him. He was awarded as a "Persona Destacada de la Cultura" (Honoured Person of Culture... sort of), and he has participated in many forums, as the meetings of the Third International Congress of the Spanish Language, in 2004, where he gave a humorous lecture about taboo words and the final speech. Expect a lot of Played for Laughs
His Work has examples of this Tropes
- Art Evolution: He started out quite surreal, with lightly drawn lines and very few details, although the strips had a lot of action and movement, (even if it was mostly implied). He later became more detailed and expressive in his drawings, but they mostly became more static with the jokes in the strips becoming more pun based rather than graphic. In particular, Boogie and Inodoro Pereyra went sociopathic mercenary and duel having cow herding adventurer gaucho (a sort of cowboy), to mostly stoic and snarky witnesses respectively, to everyone else idiocy and lunacy.
- Affectionate Parody: Inodoro Pereyra is a lazy and ugly Gaucho, loosely based on Martín Fierro. He even made a Cameo of Cruz (an important character in the masterwork of José Hernández) in one of his firsts comic strips, but the two take different paths to avert following the original work.
- Author Existence Failure
- Comic-Book Adaptation: Martín Fierro has been drawn by him
- Animated Adaptation: Again, Martin Fierro, and Boogie El Aceitoso have their own films.
- Gaucho: Inodoro Pereyra.
- Long Runner: Inodoro Pereyra fits this trope.
- Running Gag: both in Boogie and Inodoro Pereyra.
- Played for Laughs: A lot. In all his works, even in the "Serious" ones
- Psycho for Hire: Boogie.
- Sociopathic Soldier: Boogie again, and his cousin Ultra.
- Stylistic Suck: his artwork wasn't very pretty, he favored the grotesque.
- Talking Animal: Mendieta.
- The Ace: In Best Seller
- The Pampas: In Inodoro Pereyra, mostly, but other works too.