Mauro Mantella is an Argentinian Comic Book writer and translator. He is best known for working with Enrique Alcatena, on the short story La Balada De Los Gurbos, a tribute to the Oesterheld's masterwork El Eternauta, and for being the creator of the expy of John Constantine in Bizancio.
This author gives examples of these tropes
- Action Survivor: Bizancio and the main character of La Balada
- Also, the main character in his Antología Zombi story.
- Anti-Hero: The "Mano" from La Balada and Bizancio
- Apologetic Attacker: The Mano that discovers Laskaria
- Ascended Fanfic: "La Balada de los Gurbos", as it is a story that expands El Eternauta.
- Black Magic: Bizancio plays with it
- Expanded Universe: His comic book about El Eternauta.
- Expy: His character Bizancio (which even is the Spanish name of the city of Byzantium, later named Constantinople, and in modern times Istanbul).
- Golden Translator: He is the translator of the Argentinian edition of The Walking Dead.
- Our Zombies Are Different: In his Antología Zombi story, the zombies are dead people possessed by their sins, and can be cured with insuline.
- Reluctant Mad Scientist: The Mano in La Balada, as the Terror glandule compels him to do his work or else he'll die.
- Trenchcoat Brigade: Marcos Bizancio.