Héctor Germán Oesterheld (July 23, 1919 - circa 1977) was an Argentine writer of comic books.
Works created by Héctor Germán Oesterheld include:
- Bull Rocket
- Sargento Kirk
- Rolo, el Marciano Adoptivo
- Ernie Pike
- El Eternauta
- Sherlock Time
- Mort Cinder
- Evita, vida y obra de Eva Perón
- La Guerra de los Antartes
Tropes featured in Héctor Germán Oesterheld's works include:
- Alien Invasion: "El Eternauta" is the most known one, but "La Guerra de los Antartes", "Sherlock Time", "Rolo, el Marciano adoptivo", etc; also feature it.
- Author Avatar: Ernie Pike has the same face of Oesterheld. It was initially unintended, as Pratt misunderstood Oesterheld's instructions when he first draw the character, but Oesterheld liked the result and let it stay. He appears as himself in "El Eternauta", as a mere witness who heard Juan Salvo's story and thought that "I Should Write a Book About This". In the second story, he upgrades himself to narrator protagonist, sidekick of the lead character.
- La Résistance: The vast majority of his works involve it at some level. More so when Oesterheld joined the Montoneros.