Frederick Hubbard Gwynne (July 10, 1926- July 2, 1993) was an American actor. After starring in the sitcom Car 54, Where Are You?, he landed his most famous role as Herman Munster in The Munsters. Although he would return to the role in the 1981 TV Movie The Munsters Revenge, Gwynne disliked being associated with the show because he found himself typecast despite his range as an actor. In his later years, Gwynne played supporting roles in films such as The Cotton Club, The Secret of My Success, Fatal Attraction, Ironweed, Pet Sematary and My Cousin Vinny. The latter turned out to be his last film due to his death from pancreatic cancer in 1993.
- Car 54, Where Are You? (1961-1963): Officer Francis Muldoon.
- The Munsters (1964-1966): Herman Munster.
- The Cotton Club (1984): Frenchy Demange.
- The Secret of My Success (1987): Donald Davenport.
- Fatal Attraction (1987): Arthur.
- Ironweed (1987): Oscar Reo.
- Pet Sematary (1989): Jud Crandall.
- My Cousin Vinny (1992): Judge Chamberlain Haller.