Alexander Richard Frost (born February 17 1987 in Portland, Oregon) is an American actor best known for playing school shooter Alex in the Columbine-inspired film Elephant (2003) and as the deranged bully Terry Filkins in the Owen Wilson comedy Drillbit Taylor.
He has appeared mostly on independent films, his last credited work being from 2017.
- Elephant (2003): Alex
- Queen Of Cactus Cove (2005) Achak
- The Standard (2006) Jake
- TheViciousKind (2009): Peter Sinclaire
- Drillbit Taylor (2008): Terry Filkins
- StopLoss (2008): Shorty
- Calvin Marshall (2009): Calvin Marshall
- Flight 7500 (2009) Jake
- Film/Virginia (2010): Josh Tipton
- Good Morning Rabbit (2010): Boxer
- Almost Kings (2010): Truck
- The Most Hated Woman In America (2017): Danny Fry
Tropes Associated with Alex Frost:
- Bewarethe Quiet Ones: A few of his characters are quiet, but not to be underestimated.
- Casting Gag: It is probably not a coincidence that he was cast as the deranged, murderous bully Terry Filkins in Drillbit Taylor; his first and most famous role was as school-shooter Alex in Elephant (2003). Almost anyone in the audience who recognized him would've recognized him from that film.
- Celebrity Resemblance: Reviewers often compared him to a young John Cusack.
- Chewing the Scenery: As Terry Filkins in DrillbitTaylor , a very over the top, psychotic highschool bully prone to loud evil laughter and murderous rampages.
- Evil Laugh: His character in DrillbitTaylor is prone to bouts of hysterical evil laugh when actively trying to hurt someone for the fun of it. Later, he would have a bit part in a short comedy film about people afflicted with evil genius laugh syndrome.
- Former Child Star: Averted. Despite his debut performance in Elephant being very well received, he is mostly known from independent movies and never became a huge star, which has helped him to largely avoid the limelight. He basically dropped from the radar after his 2017 role in The Most Hated Woman In America .
- Playing Against Type: Although best known for playing sociopaths, he probably has played more sweet natured characters, but they are lesser known.
- Smug Snake: His character in DrillbitTaylor
- The Bully: He debuted playing a school shooter (who was himself bullied). He later played one of the most memorable bullies in recent film in Drillbit Taylor and then an abusive older brother in Almost Kings.
- The Heavy: His two best known roles are both this in their respective films.
- The Sociopath: He has played at least four of them, two of whom were downright murderous.